Different spoiler ?

Started by trevsmr2, March 29, 2013, 09:29

trevsmr2

Here it is cut down to fit

mr mr2

That looks ok I would get it bolted on run with it for a bit if you don't like it I'm sure so one will take it off your hands have you spayed it looks a ok match if not
Excelsior

dj2k21

Im in two minds. I think if I was following u in a car I would say straight away "off an mg or off an evo that spoiler" it just doesnt seem right having a square spoiler on a rounded car if u get me? I think the hardtop helps but perhaps carbon wrap or paint the centre blade black? Would set it off I think
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

StuC

I am ok with it in the side view. I agree with dj that the HT helps. I also think it will look good with the roof dropped.

For me in the rear view it just looks too narrow. I feel it needs to be the width of the rear lights, but that would push it further forward where it looks all wrong.

I can photoshop the centre section black like dj has suggested if you want Trev?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

trevsmr2

Quote from: "StuC"I am ok with it in the side view. I agree with dj that the HT helps. I also think it will look good with the roof dropped.

For me in the rear view it just looks too narrow. I feel it needs to be the width of the rear lights, but that would push it further forward where it looks all wrong.

I can photoshop the centre section black like dj has suggested if you want Trev?

Hardtop is coming off as soon as i get chance ,so ill get some more pics
could shop it black just to see what it looks like please

And to answer a earlier question ,
No it hasn't been painted how it came, and the colour is a good match considering its rover paint against Toyota

StuC

Quote from: "trevsmr2"Hardtop is coming off as soon as i get chance ,so ill get some more pics
could shop it black just to see what it looks like please

There you go fella  :-) :-) :-)

Good shout DJ, I think it works well. Especially with the side vents too  :-) :-) :-)

dj2k21

Yeah much improved. It adds so much more to the rear end with that alone... im like the gok wang of car mods hahah
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

StuC

Quote from: "dj2k21"I'm like the gok wang of car mods hahah

So many gags, so little time!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

trevsmr2

Could you do the bottom of the top vent ,and the bits to the side of the plate black as well please ?

JiMR2

Black rear inserts may help also
AKA Cinnamon Jim

StuC

Quote from: "trevsmr2"Could you do the botttom of the top vent

Do you mean this bit?

trevsmr2

Quote from: "StuC"
Quote from: "trevsmr2"Could you do the botttom of the top vent

Do you mean this bit?

Yes please mate

StuC

Okies, I'll get on it later  :-) :-) :-)

trevsmr2

Quote from: "JiMR2"Black rear inserts may help also

thems the bits i meant   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

QuoteCould you do the bottom of the top vent ,and the bits to the side of the plate black as well please ?

StuC

Shall I just colour the back of your car in black just to cover all the bases?!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

trevsmr2

Quote from: "StuC"Shall I just colour the back of your car in black just to cover all the bases?! :.:
I dont think it will look right ?

StuC

Right tried to cover both posibilities...

or with the upper vent too...

How you feeling about those Trev?

trevsmr2

Undecided mate ? maybe with the bottom centre section of the bumper black as well ?

Thanks for doing these by the way   s:) :) s:)

StuC

I'll post some more up tomorrow

StuC

You ready?

BOOM

Now we're talking!  s:-D :-D s:-D

shnazzle

Quote from: "StuC"You ready?

BOOM

Now we're talking!  s:-D :-D s:-D
That's hot...
...neutiquam erro.

dj2k21

[strike:26q0vnbp]Deffo[/strike:26q0vnbp] Definitely the best one stu.... the spoiler is now acceptable lol

JiMR2

Me likey likey!
AKA Cinnamon Jim

freddy279

the look great,i think if u spray them black to match your roof top,it will be nicer

Tom_K

What do I know...? But... I think all that black is overdoing it. I think it looks best with just the black spoiler. Leave all that bumper red.

Tags: