My Custom Intake

Started by Jap GT300, June 17, 2004, 19:24

Jap GT300

Well seeing how everything else on the GT300 is turning out to be custom I thought why not the intake.  I have used 2x HKS filters on a 3" diameter Stainless pipe.  I also have a silicon hose that turns 90degrees onto the throttle body.

I'm having a heat shield built to protect the side nearest the manifold.

Slacey

Ooooohhhhh.... if it works, can you have more made?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

any performance runs yet???whats the noise like????any pics of it on the car???

markiii

looks nice, but what the justification for the design and the HKS filters?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Jap GT300

This is a mostly [spell] Aesthic mod.  The only real benefit over having two filters is extra breathing (probably minimal)  And the tubulance created as the air being sucked hits from both angles and enters the throttle body.

I know the Apexi filters are rated as the best.  I have used nearly every filter on the market and I consider the full foam HKS to be just as good.  It also gives it the RX7/Supra twin turbo feel   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

More can be made via Chase Performance.  The price will be £85 including filters and delivered although you will have to add the MAF section your self.  All jubillee clips and silicon is provided for this.

Tem

HKS sucks...and I don't mean just air  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

m http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filter ... index.html m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Jap GT300

I have read this before and agree with their statements, but HKS do sell more high density sponge in their filters that are now on the market.

I will take a photo of the inside as these ones are now meshed on the inside too!

Jap GT300

They also sell these!

Their website is  w www.chaseperformance.co.uk w

Anonymous

Adam you plan to install the dastek right?

If you are not going to install it be carefull with the 3 inch piping.  It will run lean.

Jap GT300

Hi Joseph

The Dastek and intake will be done at the same, until then i will be using my PR style intake.

Jap GT300

This is where I will have it fitted, minus the heatshied.  I will also be using ducting from the passenger vent as a feed.  The GT300 has enlarged vents

Anonymous

whats the sound like compaired to the apexi???
would it be possible to extend the pipe to mount it a bit lower down???

Slacey

Jon, Adam's GT300 isn't on the road yet, so we will have to wait a short while for any performance type questions to be answered....

Anonymous

sorry didnt realise.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Jap GT300

Quote from: "Slacey"Jon, Adam's GT300 isn't on the road yet, so we will have to wait a short while for any performance type questions to be answered....

But I should be picking up the manifold today  s:!: :!: s:!:    s:D :D s:D    s:!: :!: s:!:

Slacey

<MOD> Moved wheel discussion here.... </MOD>

Jap GT300

I have mounted the intake but have butchered the original 2ZZ intake tube too much.

Does anyone know where I can get a 3" diameter 90degree bend silicon/rubber piece from?  This is to connect the intake to the throttle body as shown above.

I have tried several suppliers of Samco but they all state a 4-6week turn around as it is special order and I need it ASAP.

Thanks Adam

markiii

H&S aren't that far from you and would prbably fab you a metal one if taht help?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

GSB

I've got an old 1ZZ intake pipe sitting here, (actually, its your one!) but its only 2.75" internal diameter...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Jap GT300

I tried the 2.75 and it's just too damn small.  

H&S are going to make me one for £25 + P&P in Stainless which is quite good.  It should be here by the end of the week.

Jap GT300

What a service from H&S and a brilliant recommendation.

This was on my doorstep this morning.  I've just got to cut it down (where is that hacksaw)

Anonymous

it's not mandrel

Tags: