Newbie Pics & Questions

Started by Anonymous, June 18, 2004, 21:08

Anonymous

Hi, Ive just recently bought a J-spec import MR-S and wondered in you guys could help me out with a few questions, I've searched posts as much as possible so please bear with me if I repeat something already covered.

1) Does J-spec cars have central locking? Mine does not appear to, or it does not work. If not, how much to get it fitted?

2) I've read threads saying they do not have alarms/immoblisers, which is the best one to have fitted at a budget?

3) My car has been lowered with the springs pictured, which springs are these and what size wheels would you recommend me change to if I replaced my alloys, because I would like to avoid rubbing.

4) I have an option to shot blast the wheels and powder coat them pretty cheap (as I don't like the white) do you reckon I should do this or just buy new?

5) I didnt get some document called a V5 document with my car from the dealer, which Toyota asked for when i put it in for a service, can I get one from somewhere?

6) I knocked the guy down to £8000 was this a good price?  s:P :P s:P  

Thanks for everybodys time in answering my questions!  :-) :-) :-) )

Tem

Quote from: "sideysid"3) My car has been lowered with the springs pictured, which springs are these and what size wheels would you recommend me change to if I replaced my alloys, because I would like to avoid rubbing.

Looks like the HKS Hi-Per MAX coilover kit, however that is spelled:
 m http://www.tdi-plc.com/Toyota%20MRS.html m

You can adjust the height with that kit, so you shouldn't have an issue with wheels that fit any lowered suspension.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

markiii

v5 is teh logbook, if you didn'y get one you don't legally own it. that simple.

ref wheels, what doyou have , complete spec, and what tyres.

ref suspension, is that a pic of the front or the back?

ref central locking Ibeleive there are 3 japanese specifications and it depends whihc one you get.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Cheers for the help so far  :-) :-) :-)

I've got the log book and sent it off to DVLA to register it. When I asked the Toyota lady on the phone weather she ment this, she that all imports should come with one, as it displays engine, chassis no etc. Prehaps she ment the SVA document, of which I haven't got.  s;-) ;-) s;-)

My wheels appear to be a brand named Work - Ewing RSZs. Heres the only site I could find anything on :-  m http://www.wheelspecs.com/specs/wheelmodels/3111 m
The tyres are 225/45 ZR16 at the back and P195/50 R16's at the front.

The picture of my springs is taken from the top view in the spare wheel compartment, under the bonnet.

Cheerz

Slacey

I don't know anything about the HKS suspension setup, but notice from the pic that the strut has been moved forwards / back from the central position it was evidently in.... out of interest has anyone any idea why?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Wheels wise you need to check the off set - I don't know whether you can easily find it marked on the wheel if you remove one or not. You can always work it out by finding the overall width of each wheel and then measuring the distance from the locating face to the edge of the wheel. You need to know the off set to make sure that the wheels fit the car - if its wrong then they will always rub. OEM offset is +45mm which means that the mounting face is 45mm from the centreline of the wheel in the outboard direction

If the offset is OK then I would get the existing wheels refinished - would look good in an anthracite or smoked anoidised finish.

May be worth checking the strut position - as Slacey pointed out. It may be this causing the rubbing.

markiii

the strut position isn't forward it's inwards, that pic will have been taken shoing the top closer to teh centree of teh car rather than teh centre of teh suspension turret. Thats because the setup has adjustable camber plates, this alow you to adjust the camber without taking teh wheel off and without teh use of crash bolts.

the reason I asked if it was front or back was that I've seen a few camber plates for the front but don't no of any to fit teh back yet.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

If rubbing is a problem you may also be able to change the tyres - on the front you could go down to a 45 profile tyre and on the rear change the width to a 215. Just depend on how bad the rubbing is as to whether the tyre change would be enough to prevent it.

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"ref suspension, is that a pic of the front or the back?

Mark, you need to pay more attention to the details  s;) ;) s;)  You can see the two connecting bolts in that pic. The inner bolt is in the middle on back struts  s;) ;) s;)

I thought the HKS had camber adjustments on both ends though..?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

markiii

from the conversations I've had teh rears can't be done without serious cutting of the suspension turret.

Your rightthough, I've had teh suspension in bits somany times now I should now that one by heart.

Tags: