03+ MR2 Weight

Started by Anonymous, June 19, 2004, 09:38

Anonymous

My 03 MR2 just passed its first technical (brakes, emissions), and they also measured its weight. I remember there was a thread on SC where ppl said MR2 weights more than what Toyota said...

- With driver and 25kg of Fuel, my MR2 was at 1070kg
- driver was around 80kg, if not more

So MR2 should be around 960-970kg, which is less than what I anticipated since I also have A/C built in, and spare is still in...

Anonymous

perhaps Toyota mesurement is with a full tank of fuel but no passenger?

Tem

Quote from: "vibratingsky"perhaps Toyota mesurement is with a full tank of fuel but no passenger?

I think all vehicle weights are given with fluids and a driver these days...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Mine stock with spare and everything was at about 970kg with about 1/2tank of gas if not more.  I cant remember well.  Now with the 2ZZ-GE and without the spare tire and tools it is a bit less.  About 960kg IIRC.

Right now it should be even less with the titanium exhaust.!  s:) :) s:)

Weights without driver ofcourse

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"I think all vehicle weights are given with fluids and a driver these days...

But what nationality is the passenger?  If its a Japanese passenger it will probably be 50Kg extra, however if its an American passenger *clears throat*.....   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:D :D s:D  

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Tem

Quote from: "Sundance"But what nationality is the passenger?  If its a Japanese passenger it will probably be 50Kg extra, however if its an American passenger *clears throat*.....   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:D :D s:D  

IIRC, they assume 70kg for a driver in Europe  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

nah, they actually give weight of empty car, with no gas but with everything else (fluids), at least thats whats stated online and in the brochures... not bad at 960kg with A/C! I think the best diet for performance would be me going on diet!!!  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

im sure i read somewhere on SC that the real weight of a 2 (not incuding driver) is around 1045kg

Tem

Quote from: "Tomr2"im sure i read somewhere on SC that the real weight of a 2 (not incuding driver) is around 1045kg

No idea about SC or US, but over here the car itself is quoted to weight 980kg and then they give the 1050kg as weight (which includes the driver). US have AC stock though, so things are probably a bit different there.

I never weighted the stock car, but after removing some useless stuff (and near empty tank), it was 929kg, so I believe the 980kg should be real.

Edit: Those are 2000-2002 figures, 2003 is quoted as +15kg

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "Tomr2"I never weighted the stock car, but after removing some useless stuff (and near empty tank), it was 929kg, so I believe the 980kg should be real.

Edit: Those are 2000-2002 figures, 2003 is quoted as +15kg

heh, indeed, just another proof how sometimes US forums are fool of misinformation.... btw - that 960-970 was in 03

Anonymous

Mine is 960kg as I said and it is a JSPEC with full extras inc AC and with 2ZZ and 6MT.  Original it was 971kg or so with quarter tank fuel and nothing removed.

Anonymous

Quote from: "CIN"Mine is 960kg as I said and it is a JSPEC with full extras inc AC and with 2ZZ and 6MT.  Original it was 971kg or so with quarter tank fuel and nothing removed.

so 1zz and 2zz are similar weights or?

Tem

Quote from: "spwolf"so 1zz and 2zz are similar weights or?

Since they both are 1.8l I4 aluminum engines, they can't really be that far apart  s;) ;) s;)
(and yes, I know those are about the only things they have in common)

Anonymous

Whatever the weight, I was getting blown about like a paper bag in a wind tunnel this morning with the wind today!!!!

Kinda says its quite light...........  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

2ZZ-GE is ~13kg heavier.  But that is easily taken off from the exhaust system  s:) :) s:)

juansolo

A random collection of power to weight figures can be found here: http://www.juansolo.demon.co.uk/P2W/P2W.html

It only tells half the story of course as figures can be easily distorted and there are more than a few in there that I find very hard to believe.  Also it only really means anything in a straight line as it doesn't take any handling characteristics of the cars into account or torque figures.

Basically I was bored...
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "juansolo"Also it only really means anything in a straight line

And in straight line only in lower speeds. Once you start to gain some speed, Cd comes into play and the more speed you gain, the more it is about Power/Cd ratio  s8) 8) s8)

juansolo

*thumbs up*

Indeed.

It's all pointless really and is just pub talk.  Unless you have the thing on the bottom of the list that is...  Then again, I had Thrust SSC there when I first did it, but I thought it was getting silly at 10,000bhp/ton
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Tags: