Alloy Expert Opinions

Started by Anonymous, June 20, 2004, 18:18

Anonymous

After some debate in my previous thread, about whether to have my (not very aesthetically pleasing) Jap white alloys re-furb'd and shot balsted, I have decided I might go for these 7x17 PCDx100 AXIS SPIDER on Ebay for £495.00 with 205/40 x 17 YOKOHAMA A539 tyres.

Are these tyres any good? I searched other threads that say you should have 215/40R17 on the rear, is it worth changing them?

Will these fit with my lowered HKS springs?

Thankyou everybody once again!  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Anonymous

Those yokos are pants   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Also remember you need to buy allows with the correct offset and you will need to stager the tyre sizes front and rear unless you want oversteer city!

Slacey

Personally I like your original Jap alloys. Not ovely keen on those 17's but then it isn't my car - as Kris pointed out, if you do go for them (or any others) check the offset, as mine aren't right and they rubbed quite badly.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

MRMike

I agree with Sean, I quite like those orignal alloys, like the colour they're different. TBO I'm not keen on the other alloys you posted.  IMO looks too much like an M3 wheel.

What make are the alloys you have? As they're white and Japanese they may well be Magnesium..in which case they may be very light, but also incredibly soft.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Hope4Sun

Personnaly i'd have the jap ones refurbed and put back on, maybe go for a gun metal finish or skyline bronze on them, look nice on a red 2, though the white does 2. I'd get some centers for them too, just to finish them off  s:) :) s:)

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Anonymous

Ok, thanks guys,

The alloys I was thinking about has an offset of et40. This is the correct size for the car is'nt it or so I've read in other threads.

I think you guys are convincing me (and budget wise;-))to stay with the japs. Would any wheel centers fit? Or is every wheel make different because I can't find out any information on these other than there:-
Work Ewing RSZs.

On the point of them being magnisium, that means that they'll pit if there shotblasted right? I was thinking a red rim with gun-metal spokes would look gooooood.  :-) :-) :-)

Hope4Sun

Try contacting any japanese parts importer and let them know what they are and see if they can order you the caps is, no doubt other brands caps may fit.

Try the work resellers :

m http://www.work-wheels.co.jp/wheels/overseas/index.html m

Heres a pic of a kind of gunmetal finish with red rim to  s:) :) s:)

I think a polished rim would look good with a slightly lighter gun metal finish (or a red anodised rim) , the wheels should'nt be damaged during a refurb, they may use plastic beed shot blasting if there really soft  s:) :) s:)

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

markiii

Quote from: "sideysid"Ok, thanks guys,

The alloys I was thinking about has an offset of et40. This is the correct size for the car is'nt it or so I've read in other threads.

I think you guys are convincing me (and budget wise;-))to stay with the japs. Would any wheel centers fit? Or is every wheel make different because I can't find out any information on these other than there:-
Work Ewing RSZs.

On the point of them being magnisium, that means that they'll pit if there shotblasted right? I was thinking a red rim with gun-metal spokes would look gooooood.  :-) :-) :-)

correct offset is 45mm
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

mph

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Those yokos [A539] are pants   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
I've had a set of 539s...

They're *very* progressive.. err and don't have all that much grip, especially in the wet. That's not to say I wouldn't recommend them. For learning about handling and treating your car with respect they're great.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Tags: