David's Style Bars

Started by kanujunkie, June 21, 2004, 15:42

kanujunkie

Hi all,

i'm just about to fit a set of style bars, but i beleive they've been adapted from the origional design that people like Sean(Slacey) have fitted, for a start the bars in the origional design appear to be in 1 section, now there in 2 and are bolted together. Now to the bit that's confusing me, there is a bit, just labeled as 'the kit' and is something to do with the soft top release handle. Anyone know what it does as the drawing is poor and has no description. Pictures??
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Slacey

Sounds like the nylon 'slider' that may be required if there is a possibility of the soft-top edge catching on the new plastics... I didn't have to use mine, so it's around somewhere, if I can find it I'll take a pic.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

dancarbon

Quote from: "kanujunkie"now there in 2 and are bolted together.
Ah, that would make them a lot easier to post!

Quote from: "Slacey"Sounds like the nylon 'slider' that may be required if there is a possibility of the soft-top edge catching on the new plastics... I didn't have to use mine, so it's around somewhere, if I can find it I'll take a pic.
Can I ask a favour Sean? I've just had to have my roof replaced and they've f*cked the re-fitting if the roof so it hits the bars at the top of the hoop - I can't believe they've given me it back like that! (Service Manager says to leave the new roof up for a week, so I tried it yesterday, got hacked off, rang the dealer - Service Manager is on holiday! Very Cunning) Unfortunately the've even decided not to re-fit the nylon slider, which after a week is now binned and gone - if you do not need yours can I purchase it from you?

Sorry to hi-jack the thread - kinda related  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

DC
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

kanujunkie

Quote from: "dancarbon"Sorry to hi-jack the thread - kinda related  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

DC

Nay Probs Man!

if i end up not using mine you can have it, i'll let you know later,

are you going to Warwick on Saturday Dan?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Slacey

Quote from: "dancarbon"Can I ask a favour Sean? I've just had to have my roof replaced and they've f*cked the re-fitting if the roof so it hits the bars at the top of the hoop - I can't believe they've given me it back like that! (Service Manager says to leave the new roof up for a week, so I tried it yesterday, got hacked off, rang the dealer - Service Manager is on holiday! Very Cunning) Unfortunately the've even decided not to re-fit the nylon slider, which after a week is now binned and gone - if you do not need yours can I purchase it from you?
You can have it gratis mate  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

dancarbon

Quote from: "Slacey"You can have it gratis mate  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
What a gent!  s:D :D s:D
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Tags: