Toyo Proxes T1-R

Started by Tem, June 27, 2004, 20:18

Tem

Anyone have any experience with these..?

Of course they are supposed to be better than the T1-S, but...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

They are even available on the right sizes (185/55/15 & 205/50/15) and the prices seem pretty great.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

They are brand new... would be surprised if anyone has put them on a 2 yet. Still, i will probably need new boots soon so if they are supposed to be better than the superb S's then i will give them a try   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Tem

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"They are brand new... would be surprised if anyone has put them on a 2 yet. Still, i will probably need new boots soon so if they are supposed to be better than the superb S's then i will give them a try   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Likewise...unless someone has had bad experiences with them  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

OOoohhhhh............might look into these..............

Are they on the Toyo website yet? (Not got chance to look yet...........)

markiii

m http://www.toyo.co.uk/index.php?fuseaction=car.t1-s m

take a look there.

Looks they are available in teh same sizes. and I'm guessing but the new tread pattern looks like they will have stiffer sidewalls. Always a good thing.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

GSB

Be interesting to see how these compare, but I'm guessing the main difference will be a reduction of road noise...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

I have a set ordered from Mytyres.co.uk and will be fitted on Wednesday .. I Will keep you posted as to what I think of them.

Anonymous

Had a look on the Toyo website when this post origianlly went up. I know it shouldn't be too much of an issue, but I am not sure I like the "look" of them as much as the S's. Probably a better tyre though.

But, as so many people have had good stories told about the S's, I think I will still go with them.........

Anonymous

Sorry my post was not very clear .. I got a set of esses for £175 .. I think they look the business!

Anonymous

the T1-S' look like they have a better wet weather tread pattern that the R's. but until someone has put some on there '2 and give it a good thrashin we'll have to see...

fstsven

Those tyres are VERY cool looking; they're like semi-slicks    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  
I'm quite sure they'll work very well in the dry; in the wet however...    s:? :? s:?  
Contrary to what Toyo say, the tread doesn't look very "wet weather-ish" to me...   But then I'm not a tyre engineer    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
I'm looking forward to reading people's experiences  s:!: :!: s:!:
2004 fire red TOYOTA MR
K&N air filter
BLUEFLAME single exhaust
APEX progressive rate springs (-30mm)
3.ORACING breastplate
TOYO proxes R1R 205/50/15(f)-225/45/16(r)
25 kgs extra lightness

SteveJ

Quote from: "fstsven"Those tyres are VERY cool looking; they're like semi-slicks    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  
I'm quite sure they'll work very well in the dry; in the wet however...    s:? :? s:?  
Contrary to what Toyo say, the tread doesn't look very "wet weather-ish" to me...   But then I'm not a tyre engineer    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
I'm looking forward to reading people's experiences  s:!: :!: s:!:

I think you are looking at the wrong picture - the T1-R is the picture on the right, NOT the one on the car.  s:? :? s:?

Tem

Huh...yeah...what pictures are you looking at  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

T1-R/T1-S, not so different are they?  s;) ;) s;)

heathstimpson

Just to clarify Tem which ones which in the picture:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Liz

The TI-S is on the right, I prefer the look of it to the R, how sad is that - the tyres can be bling as well!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

The T1-S looks better IMHO but i can see how the T1-R would be better in the wet... still, toyos aint exactly crap in the wet anyway, but if they are even better and dont make the dry road holding any worse then i will get some. Unfortunatly i just need rears at the moment   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  so wont be getting these just yet.

Anonymous

Okay just had my 205/50 Toyo T1-S' delivered and I must say that they look the business!  I cannot wait to put them on.  I have this silly grin on my face --> its only tyres I keep telling myself!

Anonymous

Your not doing the same size tyre all round are you?

Anonymous

no no ... just they delviered my rears early.  I am keeping the same size as stock.  I just wich my fronts would arrive.

GSB

Same thing happened to me, I got the rears first and fitted them whilst waiting for the fronts to arrive. The back end was all over the place, totally unpredictable and downright dangerous handling.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Thankfully, balance was restored with new fronts, and after a few miles of scrubbing in they are superb tyres. Just be bloody careful when they're new!
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

thanks for the tip .. just got my fronts and they are being fitted at lunchtime for £25 down at ETB.  I cant wait I have that childish grin back ... it iwll be good to get some grip back!  How long will they take to scrub in?

markiii

a good 250 miles or so in my experience.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

mph

Quote from: "floater"How long will they take to scrub in?
Depends on how long you want them to take... Mark says 250 miles, I say the equivilent to 2-3 laps (say 2-4 miles)..
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

markiii

2-3 laps I'd agree with, on the road however they don't exactly get the same heat cycling.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"2-3 laps I'd agree with, on the road however they don't exactly get the same heat cycling.

What if I drive like a maniac?  s;) ;) s;)  ... only joking!  I will take it steady fro a couple of days.

Tags: