Toyo Proxes T1-R

Started by Tem, June 27, 2004, 20:18

Ernie Ball

Sharp looking wheels!

But given the difference in size next to the stock wheels, I have trouble imagining them on a '2.  I'd love to see some pics of the car when you get the wheels put on.

Rogue

Quote from: "Ernie Ball"I'd love to see some pics of the car when you get the wheels put on.

It's a moment I'm looking forward to myself.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

They'll fit with no problems though - just look how lost the 18x7 rim looks in this photo:

Rogue

Anonymous

I've got T1-R's on my 2 and they're superb.  THe best tyres I've come across apart from GY Eagle F1's.

Anonymous

Well, since fitting the T1-R's to my car all my problems have disappeared!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
The steering no longer feels like a tugboat and it now goes round corners like it's on rails (as it should!)

Superb tyres, superbly priced!

Anonymous

I've got a set too, and have too say they are great

Ernie Ball

Just had my T1-Rs fitted.  Have only driven them 10 miles (and I know I have to wait a good 250 miles before letting loose) but what a difference in feel!  Admittedly, my old tyres were crap (and the wrong size in the rear as well), but I didn't expect such a difference: even with the release agent still on they feel more grippy.  Also quieter, which was a nice surprise.  The car just feels so much more solid.  I'm delighted.

mrsmr2

I'm still not convinced if they are better than RE040s.  Steering doesn't feel quite as direct and the back end feels (a smidgen) looser.

I now need some rain to compare as I've only driven them in the dry so far.

Still, they are a lot cheaper than the RE040s.
04 Astral Black, hard top, air con, black leather, Corky\'s MSMB; FSB;  RMB; RLCB, empty exhaust manifold, cg-lock.  Warranty: new wheels @ 20k, new pads and discs @ 21k, new wheels @ 26.4k

Anonymous

from mytyres you have to buy a set of 4 but as you know the front size is different from the rear. Will they make up the order for you

mrsmr2

I placed two orders, one for the fronts and one for the rears.

They rang me up minutes after my order to confirm details.  I asked for the tyres to be sent together.

They arrived on different days!

Still, got them at a cheap price.
04 Astral Black, hard top, air con, black leather, Corky\'s MSMB; FSB;  RMB; RLCB, empty exhaust manifold, cg-lock.  Warranty: new wheels @ 20k, new pads and discs @ 21k, new wheels @ 26.4k

Ernie Ball

Quote from: "samhain"from mytyres you have to buy a set of 4 but as you know the front size is different from the rear. Will they make up the order for you

You don't have to buy a set of four.  At the bottom of the main ordering page is a button for 2 or 4 tyres.  Select 2.

Pick your front tyres and instead of clicking on 'buy now,' click on 'save for later'.

Then do the whole thing over again.

I ordered mine from the Irish version of Mytyres (Eiretyres.com) and had no problems other than that they were much slower getting the 205/50/15s than the front ones.

Tags: