Tyres thread again.

Started by Jrichards20, July 28, 2013, 20:04

steve b

Quote from: "markevo6"Hi Steve ,

Sorry to post off subject but to answer Steve's question , my car is Steve - m-uk 's old car and I believe he swapped the internals of the 2ZZ box into the roadster box , fitted the lsd along with the 4.529 final drive and the roadster 6th gear .

There is definitely a difference between the AD08's 45's and the Toyo's T1R 40's , more acceleration but loss of the low rev's when cruising on the motorway but not enough to worry me . I prefer to have the better acceleration personally
just a shame the AD08's don't come in the 40's as that would be ideal for me .

Hope that helps

Mark

I see so gearing it down even further from standard.
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

chimpman

right, T1Rs ordered. £237 supply and fit from CTyres.

Pressures, wabitkilla runs 36R/26F?
2005 Chilli Red. Mods.... Pine magic tree

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "chimpman"right, T1Rs ordered. £237 supply and fit from CTyres.

That is a good place to start and then adjust the rear as you get used to the tyres, it's affected by how heavy you are  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

chimpman

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"

That is a good place to start and then adjust the rear as you get used to the tyres, it's affected by how heavy you are  s;-) ;-) s;-)

im 5'6", 68kg of prime italian beef...

bought a decent pressure gauge (one of these http://www.lasertools.co.uk/pis/2961_PIS.pdf £19 from ebay) and a cheap foot pump so should be able to set things up properly.

chimpman

tyres fitted, was  spiss piss spiss ing down so drove home gingerly given the dire warings about letting them get a few miles on them, also the fitting cente filled them to 32psi all round. get yeself a decent pressure gauge, see above. 36R/26F for now, we'll see how we get on.

markevo6

Chimp man , can I ask why you didn't order the T1's from Ears @ £ 170 delivered then got a local fitter to put them on , surely that would have worked out quite a bit cheaper ?

Just curious that's all  s:) :) s:)

chimpman

Quote from: "markevo6"Chimp man , can I ask why you didn't order the T1's from Ears @ £ 170 delivered then got a local fitter to put them on , surely that would have worked out quite a bit cheaper ?

Just curious that's all  s:) :) s:)

Stupidity? Oh well, next time. Thanks for the tip.

chimpman

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"

Seem OK, went for a blast on Sunday but kept it gentle as they are brand new. A question, 26F. Thats the stock Bridgestone pressure, should it not be a little higher as the Toyos have more flex? like i say not an issue at the moment but you do notice a very slight bulge compared to the higher than spec 36R (as opposed to 32PSI) pressure?

I'm getting paranoid now with all the geektastic tyre discussions. On a side note, ive decided to get used to my new ride before i try a track day. Next summer is pencilled in, by then i will have learnt not to put it into reverse when fishing for first gear.

Two's Company

I put in 28/34. A couple of psi extra each to
Counteract the softness of the toyos

Tags: