What would you do with 2k?

Started by Anonymous, July 13, 2004, 16:50

Anonymous

Right then folks! I know there are numerous threads here re. Bodykits but they are in places a bit wooly and I need some good firm advise.

We're thinking of throwing some cash at the '2 to really make it special. In short, we reckon a bodykit will cost approx £2000 and about the same again to paint and fit.

Firstly, does that sound realistic?

Secondly, we've looked at everything on Taka Kaira and Angelfire and as yet the only thing we both REALLY like is the 'Trial' front bumper! WHERE ELSE IS THERE TO LOOK FOR GOOD KIT? I can't find anywhere else (that isn't already shown on either of the two previously mentioned sites).

Right then... what would you do with 2k?!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Tem

Do you want to look at kits or buy one?  s;) ;) s;)

Here's a list of few:
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1344 m

m http://www.japanparts.com/ m  has quite a lot as well...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Buy a good quality widescreen TV   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Sorry, but I have my eye on a nice Bang & Oulfson one at the moment, and 2k would be half way there!

Bongo

£4k for a bodykit, painting and fitting?

Madness, you could buy a turbo for that  s;) ;) s;)

dieamond

http://www.mrs-passion.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=3_4&products_id=405

that's what I call a great kit  :-) :-) :-)

I would be very glad to import one in Europe, so I would lower the price to the floor  s;-) ;-) s;-)
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Anonymous

i'd put it towards an an S2000....

sorry chaps   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Thanks folks! the MR-S passion kit is fantastic... but a little over budget I reckon! Youch!   s:D :D s:D  

Will check out the other sites too.

Have fun everyone

Anonymous

Sorry for the lete reply but I'm up in glasgow at the mo with work

to spray/fit a full kit as in bumpers and skirts you sohlud be abl to get it done for less than half the £2k you were originally thinking   s:D :D s:D  
you can also cut the cost down more if you were willing to fit the front and back bumpers yourself (reasonably simple) and just get the body shop to bond the sides on.

as I originally wanted to return the car to stock (before I got the turbo) I bonded the edges of the skirts with black silicone selant rather than tigerseal or a similar permanent seam sealant.  Obviously labour is the expensive part of any kit install so any bits you can do yourself the better  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Kit wise its all personnal choice as there are as you know a great many options out there, the 'lip' type kits will be lot cheaper than replacement bumpers, or you could possibly go for the trial front and 'mix and match' sides and back from a UK supplier to keep the cost down?

The main good thing about Taka Kaira is that they will mark down the invoice to aprox 10% of the real value so vat and import duties are greatly reduced, also you pay the freight charges on delivery so you can spread the overall cost over two months with some simple timing   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

hope that gives a bit of a better insight?   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Go with Perry190, get what you can for a grand.

Then go on holiday with the balance  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Comer

Bodykit, Unichip and H&S exhaust
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Darth Paul

Half a TTE turbo.

Anonymous

just an idea on bodykits, found link while looking on spyderchat.
http://www.mrbodykit.com/bodykits/00_03_Toyota_MRS.htm
at todays exchang rate u are looking at about £350 for the kit and i am waiting an email as to whether they will ship to the uk??
not sure if its a legitimate site though being as they are usin other peoples car to advertise the kits though????
anybody heard of these guys???

Anonymous

was looking at that site, and yes very very cheap, but copies can sometimes cost you a lot more in bodyshop costs. Its a chance you take really.

when I have had kits shipped from the US before you can go on an average shipping cost of about £500, + import duties etc dependant on how amicable they are on devalue-ing invoices etc, a lot wont because it also devalues the insurance cover  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Anonymous

they dont ship to the uk anyway, they have replied to my email and said its to much hassle but they would be willin to ship it to somebody based in the U.S who intern would ship it over here.
oh well carry on looking.
do u fit the kits yourself perry or have you a bodyshop u use???
as for the 2k burning a hole in your pocket, if u are planning on keeping the car for a long time then spend it on the car, if not then a huge tv and sound system to go with it is a must.  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

I fitted my kit myself, but I do get a body shop to do the spraying on larger bits as there just isnt space in the garage really now

I paid £200 to get my kit sprayed and £50 at a later point for the bonnet, but I've used the guy a lot before and mentioned him in magazine shoots etc and passed a lot of work onto him from fellow car freeks  s:D :D s:D  

average would be about £600 to spray a kit properly (no fitting) but sometimes they see you coming and quote silly money;-)

Tem

Quote from: "jonboy"they dont ship to the uk anyway

If you really want one, then have them ship it to US. There are several companies over there where you can order stuff and then they send it to wherever in the world you want to. And obviously also how you want to. If you can wait some 2 months for a ship, it's practically free as well.

I have used this one myself:
 m http://www.halmari.com/ m

Started by a finnish guy and only sent to Finland in the early days, but has since expanded to send anywhere you want.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Darth Paul"Half a TTE turbo.

Tags: