new 2zz swap header by Zero Exhausts

Started by Star_69, October 23, 2013, 11:38

Star_69

Just been in contact with Kevin from Zero Exhausts about getting a custom exhaust made and he mentioned he does a 2zz swap header, which he has not advertised. I remember a few people here have the 1zz Zero header and really rated the quality and workmanship. Makes a nice UK alternative and would no doubt come in cheaper than importing with shipping & duty to pay on top

It is almost identical to their 1zz header but has the 2zz flange and no heatsheild. Price is £396 + shipping

m http://www.zeroexhausts.co.uk/ m

-Brad
Owner of an \'03 plate "Ship of Theseus" aka Trigger\'s Broom Roadster [strike]1zz-f[/strike]e, [strike]supercharged 2zz-ge,[/strike] 2GR-FE

FGrob

Yes - Kevin is a good contact to have and his quality is top notch.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

sh4branze

Dose anyone know why there would be 2 O2 bungs in a 2zz swap header ?

dcod

Quote from: "sh4branze"Dose anyone know why there would be 2 O2 bungs in a 2zz swap header ?

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw it. 2zz ecu's (i.e. celica GTS, corrola t-sport) monitor only one precat sensor.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

markiii

Wonder if anyone told them?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

dcod

My 2zz actually works from bank 1 sensor. The other is a dummy. It works (but probably not very efficient) so I guess it gives that option.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

FGrob

Quote from: "markiii"Wonder if anyone told them?
You need to ask the US as that's where this was first used, all Kevin did was take the 1ZZ design and change the head flange - makes sense as it's designed to fit a Roadster with stock exhaust / cat.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

sh4branze

IMHO the 1 O2 bung should be in the mid pipe right before the main cat and not in the header.

markiii

Running with O2 sensors there risks grenading the engine

As your fuelling based on incorrect info on the missing cylinders
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Alex Knight

Not on a 2ZZ. It uses a single collective reading.

markiii

Correct a collective reading from all 4 cylinders

Which the zero manifold does not provide! That's the problem

OldMan

Quote from: "markiii"Wonder if anyone told them?
I have just now sent him an eMail about it.
If your Porsche is not anhydrous, there IS a substitute.

OldMan

Quote from: "FGrob"...all Kevin did was take the 1ZZ design and change the head flange - makes sense as it's designed to fit a Roadster with stock exhaust / cat.
I don't think that's all he did.  I have a 1zz ZeroExhaust header, and this 2zz conversion header seems to have better routing.

FGrob

Quote from: "OldMan"
Quote from: "FGrob"...all Kevin did was take the 1ZZ design and change the head flange - makes sense as it's designed to fit a Roadster with stock exhaust / cat.
I don't think that's all he did.  I have a 1zz ZeroExhaust header, and this 2zz conversion header seems to have better routing.
Looks the same to me (this is the first one he ever made for me), think about it, it's hand made in the same jig (to get the right face to face (1ZZ) measurement between the head and cat down pipe) so there will be slight differences because he's human and not a machine.  s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

As for the sensors, just plug them and have a bung put in the down pipe after the flexi joint, you could even ask Kevin to leave the bungs out  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   - hey but I'm not really into this sort of thing any way, so it's down to the people who decide to do this mod - they are technically one off's which you can change to suit what you need.

OldMan

Quote from: "OldMan"I have just now sent him an eMail about it.
I have recieved a response from Kevin.
He'll make the header without the bungs, if that's what the customer wants.

Tags: