indicator bulbs

Started by Anonymous, August 17, 2004, 13:32

Anonymous

After removing the orange lens inside the headlight i now need an orange bulb to replace the clear one. does anyone know where i can get one from?

Anonymous

You should be able to get some plain orange indicator bulbs from any car parts place - halfrauds / wilko, etc and shouldn't cost any more than £1-2. The bulbs have 2 pins on them, which can either be parallel or offset (depending on the car) - just make sure you buy the right ones!

However, putting orange bulbs in slightly defeats the object of de-oranging your headlights - so I'd high recommend Phillips Silver Vision indicator bulbs; which look silver, but flash orange!   s8) 8) s8)  

However, they cost about £15!   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

i've tried everywhere round here and they only sell the clear ones.

i've already painted the original ones with a paint designed for clear indicators which is supposed to make them amber but at best they only flash yellow. they have also been finished off with a black tint so they can't be seen which is what i'll be doing to the amber ones if i ever manage to get hold of any.

Anonymous

I tried last year & you can't buy them in Silver for the front. Just spray them lightly with Silver heat proof paint. All is explained on my 2's thread (see below in my signature)

Anonymous

i don't want them in silver. all i want is amber bulbs so i can spray them black but no where seems to sell them.

Anonymous

Well they sell them where I live! If you tell me what pin configeration you have (offset or parallel) and the bulb specs (size/wattage - just to make sure they're the right ones!) I'll buy some for you and post them to ya!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "speed"i don't want them in silver. all i want is amber bulbs so i can spray them black but no where seems to sell them.

Sorry, misread your reply     s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

The amber ones should be readily available in any car parts shop. My mate gave me a box of 10 bulbs last year in amber. I'm off to Cadwell Park with him tomorrow so I will ask him to dig up the code when he gets back to work next week.     s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

thanks for the suggestions so far. the bulbs in mine are the capless ones which slot straight into the fitting (not sure if this is standard or is it just an import thing). any other suggestions or info on where i could get them would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Do you have a part number / ratings (i.e. wattage, etc) for the standard clear bulb?

If you can post that up i'll have a look to see if they do orange one's in my local Wilko's - I'm going there after work tonight!

Anonymous

You can get them at your local toyota dealer. If you want to have silver bulbs, you need to go to a BMW dealer but thoes are really expensive  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

How do you take the actual orange lens off? I want to replace mine with a cool white one with silver bulb....let me know guys

so.simple

Do you have your owners manual? It's there, in the chapter about replacing bulbs. Basically, you just push them forward and pull them slightly. They just pop out.
Carlos

Anonymous

Brilliant.....Thanks so simple!!!

Do the actual clear lenses have to be any spec? Or can i buy just the universal ones they do everywhere? Do they have to be Toyota ones?

so.simple

Sorry, I really don't know... Anyway, try to PM Adam (JAPGT300)... He sells them.
Carlos

Tem

Quote from: "Moreno"How do you take the actual orange lens off?

Since this topic is about the headlights, I assume you mean them...?

You have to part the plastic cover from the base, check this for how-to:
 m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=16059 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

I mean the indicator lenses on the side. I have tried to PM Jap but it says it can't find the user. IS that name right?

so.simple

Type it like this: Jap GT300
Carlos

Tem

Or just click this link  s8) 8) s8)
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=6 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: