Amp mounting

Started by no1trancefan, October 3, 2014, 08:30

no1trancefan

I have two amps one in each of the storage bins, i was thinking of mounting them behind the seats ( 2 x jl audio jx360/2 amps) they are slim enough to get the seat back.

My only concern was doesnt the fuel line run along one of these sides? i was hoping to drill into the wall by about 1 cm to bolt the amps on.

cptspaulding

Velcro
Former owner 2003, 2zz conversion.

no1trancefan

i used velcro for me sub box but went to brackets now, even they prob wont survive an impacl, i didnt want to use velco there in case car left with roof down and someone pulls them off

shnazzle

Quote from: "no1trancefan"i used velcro for me sub box but went to brackets now, even they probably wont survive an impacl, i didnt want to use velco there in case car left with roof down and someone pulls them off
If you used a 20x20 sheet of velcro it would be almost as solid as screws. Would take almost as much effort to pull off as well I reckon if using quality velcro
...neutiquam erro.

no1trancefan

the only dislike i have for the proper velco stuiff is that it sticks that well to each other it looses adhesion off one side of the surface when you do pull something off, i ended up having to superglue one side last time.

prob will go for velcro

Tags: