the wrapping thread (pic heavy thread)

Started by peteyb, November 25, 2014, 00:21

shnazzle

Quote from: "kostonhumar"man I have been um'ing and ahh'ing I love whites but I kinda wanted to go stealthy grey...I just cant choose

yeah i'm wondering about the bumpers I have a vinyl cutter so if it looks too bad il just make some decals and sticker bomb the bad bits lol

hahaha!! That's being resourceful
Not sure about the look though so let's hope the wrap goes well  s:D :D s:D
...neutiquam erro.

kostonhumar

I know that would be the worst case scenario but got be prepared right? Il still have a roof made out of duct tape and swiss cheese.
I like it sideways!!

Mr2-s 1999 stock (For now!!!)  :?
Pug 106 ralle   8)

CrazySX

Quote from: "kostonhumar"man I have been um'ing and ahh'ing I love whites but I kinda wanted to go stealthy grey...I just cant choose

yeah i'm wondering about the bumpers I have a vinyl cutter so if it looks too bad il just make some decals and sticker bomb the bad bits lol

look at your thread and all will be revealed  s:) :) s:)

kostonhumar

due to my impatience im going to buy 10.3 meters and do what I can and if it's not enough oh well il order more.
I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

Bugster_MR2

Where do yoy guys buy the wrapping vinyl?
Bugster
2001 red with KW3, TRD rear brace, Zero race cat and MAF-mod.
2003 silver TTE Turbo, underbrace, sidescoops, style bar, front bumper, rear spoiler, interior garnish, exhaust

kostonhumar

I got mine from a eBay vendor and got testers from various people to make sure the quality was good.
I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

kostonhumar

This is a repost of my bonnet but just wanted to show you my handiwork, all thanks to this thread!!

Thanks  s:) :) s:)

I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

peteyb

Get the rest done  s;) ;) s;)

kostonhumar

did the engine lid it looks terrible lol i'l have to give it another try. seems to be 2 tries per panel. I couldn't work out how t get the grills looking good and I took the light out and covered the area the placed the light back but......... looking at it makes me want to cry.
I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

CrazySX

Did u cover it all and then cut out the grills

CrazySX

Pics of your terrible attempt please  s:) :) s:)

peteyb

I just removed the light, wrapped the whole thing, cut it all out after  s;) ;) s;)

kostonhumar

yeah but it just looks like a child cut it with safety scissors... lol il go down and take a pic in a bit lol  s:( :( s:(
I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

kostonhumar

Quote from: "CrazySX"Pics of your terrible attempt please  s:) :) s:)

check  my ride  T_T
I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

CrazySX

yes i have seen this now, it reminds me of when i put on a clear plastic protector on the screen of my phone, first time i tend to have minute dust particles on the surface and this causes bubbles, so i get the next one ready and get this one off and the new one on as soon as.  Theory behind it is that the first attempt takes all the crap with it!

I would assume its a similar process for the wrap, any crap under it will cause bubbling.

How much have you used so far?  are you likely to run out?

kostonhumar

no i think il be fine for vinyl..... i have wasted 1 bonnet and soon to be 1 engine lid. so 3x1.5 meters?
I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

Tags: