Its official, TTE turbo can be ordered NOW!

Started by Anonymous, November 27, 2004, 00:38

Anonymous

Life brings you funny stories, after waiting for TTE turbo for quite a long time and have bought used PE turbo last month...

At this years ESSEN SHOW 2004, TTE has unvelied production TTE Turbo for MR2. Orders are to be taking right away and deliveries start March 2005.

Engine specs are 184 hp and 250nm of torque and 0-100 in 5.9 secs.
Pricing is set at 6,844 Euro. This is probably pricing with taxes and all included, however I am not sure so someone might want to check with TTE.

Important thing is that now there is an official TTE turbo with 3 year warranty, which is pretty cool thing.

Original article can be found here:
 m http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/d/71 ... special_ha m

Anonymous

Sorry dude though my germen ain't that good anymore.  Could someone translate for me? PLEASE  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Here's the altavista.com translation of the main text:

============

Toyota: Turbo-kit for the MR2
Toyota offers MR2 for the central engine sportsman immediately a turbo-re-tooling kit, which increases the achievement of the 1,8-Liter-Vierzylinders of 140 to 184 HP.
Growth feels also the maximum torque, which culminates now only with 250 Nm and thus 80 Nm more highly. Accordingly also the driving dynamics of the two-seater adds. The maximum speed is with 232 km/h, the standard print on 100 km/h completes the Turbo-MR2 in 5.9 seconds.

The turbo set developed by the Toyota Haustuner TTE can be ordered immediately for 6.844 euro with each Toyota dealer and inserted starting from March 2005.

Anonymous

That's not a very impressive 0-100kph time.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Beanie"That's not a very impressive 0-100kph time.

that's at least a second......not bad, but not much for roughly $7,000!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

i'd call hass.....

kev

GSB

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Jesus, thats only a couple of hundred quid short of £5000!
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Slacey

I think I made the right decision then  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

After what I've seen on the price:performance ratios on TRD superchargers, I'm not all that suprised. I figure I can buy a Hass, have it installed, junk a couple motors and still be on top.

Anonymous

Quote from: "GSB":shock:

Jesus, thats only a couple of hundred quid short of £5000!

And that's why I'm no longer going to wait for the official kit. Now, the only decision left is PE or Hass...

Anonymous

My NA mods put me at 6.0 sec. for 0-60 MPH, which is probably 6.0 - 6.1 for 0-100kph.

Tem

Quote from: "Beanie"That's not a very impressive 0-100kph time.

You have to remember that the stock car is quoted to do 7.9s  s;) ;) s;)  So they are actually saying "2s faster than stock"...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

If any of the supposed 'I'm waiting for the TTE to come out' gang actually buy this they must be furkin nuts   s:? :? s:?  

''supposed'' probably being the right description tho  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Anonymous

QuoteIf any of the supposed 'I'm waiting for the TTE to come out' gang actually buy this they must be furkin nuts

If the price goes a bit lower (perhaps this is a list price), and CARB certification was there, I'd be very tempted.  MR2 upgrades that are California smog compliant seem to be very limited.

- H2

crankshaft

Quote from: "Beanie"My NA mods put me at 6.0 sec. for 0-60 MPH, which is probably 6.0 - 6.1 for 0-100kph.

Hi;

What NA Mods do you have   s:?: :?: s:?:

Crankshaft
2001 SMT - Pete

heathstimpson

Quote from: "crankshaft"
Quote from: "Beanie"My NA mods put me at 6.0 sec. for 0-60 MPH, which is probably 6.0 - 6.1 for 0-100kph.

Hi;

What NA Mods do you have   s:?: :?: s:?:

Crankshaft

Unichip I assume  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Slacey

<MOD> On topic please.... </MOD>
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

juansolo

When you consider what you're getting in this kit; parts, warranty, fit and forget setup, resale, extensive testing, emissions compliance, etc.  £5k is very reasonable.  As I've always said, real world performance done right is never cheap.  

DIY, of course you will save money, it goes without saying.  You will also end up fettling to some degree, no 3rd party system I've ever come across is fit and forget.  Also, you will not get your money back come resale time.  If anything it will be detremental to the price of the car.  You may balk at £5k now, but at least you can sell it as having a Toyota fitted and warranted system.

0-60 is a shit way of measuring the performance of a car.  It's next to pointless as in the real world.  It's all pub talk and far too many buying decisions are made on it which is utter madness.  The torque and how it is delivered is what will make the difference to drivability and that's what matters.

My advice would be to ignore the figures and drive one.  Make up your mind from that, not from web banter from people who have never driven it and are basing their whole damning of a product on it's 0-60 time.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

SteveJ

Quote from: "juansolo"0-60 is a s**t way of measuring the performance of a car.  It's next to pointless as in the real world.  It's all pub talk and far too many buying decisions are made on it which is utter madness.  The torque and how it is delivered is what will make the difference to drivability and that's what matters.

My advice would be to ignore the figures and drive one.  Make up your mind from that, not from web banter from people who have never driven it and are basing their whole damning of a product on it's 0-60 time.

Well said Sir!

Having had the opportunity to drive the TTE prototype (from what I understand the final version before release), the mapping has definately been setup for day to day driving rather than track day all-out power, which results in a car that is far more driveable on normal roads with the power output that the chasis deserved right from day one.

If the car is your daily drive then given the 3 year bullet-proof warranty that you will get with this too, this is an absolute no-brainer.

Having said which I am going to continue working with RogueSystems on a 3SGTE (for the un-initiated thats the engine from a MkII Tubby!) nutter roadster as all I am looking for is a track-day car that I can drive on the road occasionaly (and not require a trailer to get to and from the track)  s:D :D s:D

heathstimpson

Having been a passenger in the prototype at JAE with Steve as the pilot  I can say the performance is not bad compared to a stock 2  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Hope4Sun

This might explain what the toyota sales guy said to me on Friday, i enquired about the official turbo car relase date, news, etc. He went off and "called Toyota GB"   s:?: :?: s:?:  he came back saying no factory turbo would be relaeased in the Uk and that an after market TTE one would be avaiable as a kit shortly  s:) :) s:)

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"Having been a passenger in the prototype at JAE with Steve as the pilot  I can say the performance is not bad compared to a stock 2  s8) 8) s8)

Never drove it myself, but I did hear 'not bad' and 'dissapointing'
Compared with the other options that are 'seriously quick' it seems a lot of money for what it is.  of course you have the cushion of warranty etc, but this also means it cant be fettled with to increase the power so your stuck with it as it is.

Will be leaving the club soon due to the car going, but will still pop back every now and again to see if the praisers of this kit actually put their hands in their pockets.

I'll be watching with interest  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Tem

Quote from: "perry190"Will be leaving the club soon due to the car going, but will still pop back every now and again to see if the praisers of this kit actually put their hands in their pockets.

I was interested, I guess I still am, but I couldn't wait forever. This was said a year ago:
"Gerald is confident that kit is 99% approved and expects to ?close development? in January. This means it could be on sale by spring. Friedel commented that, ?the kit will be on sale by summer?, hinting that they wouldn?t wait for TMC approval indefinitely."

Also the TTE-thread over here seemed to die during summer:
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... &start=100 m

...then again, I was never one of the praisers, just interested in it  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  I still think it would be a nice option, if I was buying a new car or mine was still under warranty  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

same here matey, cars been turbo'd, and then stripped in the time TTE have been fluffing about.

I wouldnt have paid that sort of money with a 'bang for bucks' deal like that tho.  the other options are way better in my honest opinion. unless your a very pro-factory option type of owner, and they are unlikely to make such major changes to their car to be honest.

add the cost of the turbo option to the cost of a new car and your entering into the price range of much better cars to be honest  IMHO

dreambackup

americans tend to forget THEY have a short ratio gearbox... they have a better stock 0-60 or 0-62...
shaving around 2 seconds of our stock time is pretty impressive...
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "perry190"I wouldnt have paid that sort of money with a 'bang for bucks' deal like that tho.  the other options are way better in my honest opinion. unless your a very pro-factory option type of owner, and they are unlikely to make such major changes to their car to be honest.

TTE is the only legal option over here, which gives it one major advance over the others. If you happen to crash a non-legal turbo, some £5k might seem like a pocket change  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Quoteadd the cost of the turbo option to the cost of a new car and your entering into the price range of much better cars to be honest  IMHO

Yeah, but you're lucky to live in UK  s;) ;) s;)  Over here a new '2 is about 33k euros , so it would be some 40k with this turbo, which isn't too bad over here. S2000 gets mentioned a lot, that's 75k over here. Opel Speedster (=VX220) is 58k, BMW Z4 3.0 is about 72k, Convertible Corvette 122k, MB SLK200 Roadster 54k, Boxster 70k and those are about the only RWD Roadsters I can think of  s:? :? s:?

Tags: