Its official, TTE turbo can be ordered NOW!

Started by Anonymous, November 27, 2004, 00:38

Anonymous

well in that case the legalities obviously make a loy of difference to you matey  s;-) ;-) s;-)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Tem"Yeah, but you're lucky to live in UK  s;) ;) s;)  Over here a new '2 is about 33k euros , so it would be some 40k with this turbo, which isn't too bad over here. S2000 gets mentioned a lot, that's 75k over here. Opel Speedster (=VX220) is 58k, BMW Z4 3.0 is about 72k, Convertible Corvette 122k, MB SLK200 Roadster 54k, Boxster 70k and those are about the only RWD Roadsters I can think of  s:? :? s:?
A Boxster is cheaper than a Z4 and S2000  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

An little off the subject...

What does TTE stand for and is it Toyota approved part???  Because I want the turbo though I don't want it to upset my warranty

Please advise thanks

Anonymous

Quote from: "rainmen23"An little off the subject...

What does TTE stand for and is it Toyota approved part???  Because I want the turbo though I don't want it to upset my warranty

Please advise thanks

TTE - Toyota Team Europe, an Toyota owned company responsible for tuning of Toyota cars. All parts fit under Toyota warranty. These are the guys that do F1 and did WRC for Toyota...

Tem

Quote from: "heathstimpson"A Boxster is cheaper than a Z4 and S2000  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Yeah...no one really knows why, but some cars are seriously overpriced over here  s:? :? s:?  Come to think of it, I've never seen an S2000 or Z4 on the road, just on display...

rainmen, here's TTE's website:
 m http://www.tte.de/ m
(no mention of this turbo yet though)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

A lot of information about the tte turbo, if you can make sense of an automatic translation.

m http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... uage_tools m

Anonymous

Quote from: "spwolf"All parts fit under Toyota warranty. These are the guys that do F1 and did WRC for Toyota...

I'd be very careful with this.  When TTE were at JAE this year, there was much talk that although the Turbo itself would come with a warranty, it wouldn't cover consequential damage.  So if you were to fit it and your engine blew up then you'd probably not have any warranty at all.

Now this was rumour, and it may have changed, but it's an issue that's quite important and something you should watch out for.

Check very carefully when buying.

Anonymous

this is a link from that German board ... the bottom link ( The MR2 - Turbo on the Motorshow 2004 in meals by Einheit01) has some close-ups on the TTE setup.

http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl=pt-PT&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=de%7Cen&u=http://www.chorge.de/MR2/videos.htm&prev=/language_tools

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"Convertible Corvette 122k,

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

good lord!! that's a full 300% more than in the u.s. ............you can buy a 2 yr old c5 z06 for less than $30k usd.......a new c6 wouldn't cost much more than $50k........

btw, isn't it mika salo who has and dearly loves his corvette? or am i thinking of someone else?

kev

Tem

Quote from: "kulprit"you can buy a 2 yr old c5 z06 for less than $30k usd.......

Oh my...you can get some 80's models for $30k over here  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
 m http://www.nettiauto.com/viewVehicle.php?id_car=120788 m

Quotebtw, isn't it mika salo who has and dearly loves his corvette? or am i thinking of someone else?

Maybe you're thinking of Teemu Selänne...? He has several US muscle cars, including few Vette's.

AFAIK, Mika doesn't have a Corvette...he does have a '69 Camaro with Toyota with R36V in it though!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

(a bit off topic, sowwy  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "kulprit"you can buy a 2 yr old c5 z06 for less than $30k usd.......

Oh my...you can get some 80's models for $30k over here  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
 m http://www.nettiauto.com/viewVehicle.php?id_car=120788 m

Quotebtw, isn't it mika salo who has and dearly loves his corvette? or am i thinking of someone else?

Maybe you're thinking of Teemu Selänne...? He has several US muscle cars, including few Vette's.

AFAIK, Mika doesn't have a Corvette...he does have a '69 Camaro with Toyota with R36V in it though!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

(a bit off topic, sowwy  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )

it was definitely a journeyman f1 driver......maybe jos verstappen....

an 80's corvette (which makes all of 200hp) can be had for far less than $10k here.........

kev

xdesign

I would get it, instead of buying a new car!

Don't you think?

xdesign

It's strange however, that I couldn't find anything relatively in the official TTE web site....

I hope it will be officialy announced.

Tem

Quote from: "xdesign"It's strange however, that I couldn't find anything relatively in the official TTE web site....

Could be cause of this "deliveries start March 2005"

Anonymous

Quick update for any1 interested.

Finally got a reply from TTE, regarding their turbo, here is an extract:

'We will start to build the MR2 Turbo Kits in spring 2005.

Your price is 6.932,50 Euro incl. VAT, installation and TÜV homologation. Installation time will be around 8 hours and will only be done in our workshop in Cologne/Germany.

If you are interested in please contact me from March onwards for an installation date.'

Don't know if this is exactly what people hoped for mind   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

dreambackup

ok, 7000€ is a lot... a LOT  s:? :? s:?  

I guess you can have details about the warranty offered. because, I am pretty sure a good part of the price if a kind of insurance...

is the average Toyota mech able to take care of the modified engine?

I don't know how it works in UK but in France, we have to declare the mods to a governmental organisation... do TTE take care of that?  s:? :? s:?  

I just wonder about the insurance thing...  s:? :? s:?
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

heathstimpson

And on top of that price the car has to be taken to Germany and back too  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Darth Paul

Helluva drive back though....  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Unichip, anyone?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I guess the TTE turbo is not only too expensive. My opinion ist, that the TTE is not build very well.

In germany we have a new turbo kit, have a look:

Due to the german TÜV regulations we first start with 170 hp; more power is possible.

Some more informations here:  w www.muggianu-turbo.de w  (only german spoken web-site)

Please recognize that the kit in my car is the first one, and some things still have to be done... more informations as soon as possible.

markiii

really and what experience of it leads you to beleive it is not very well made?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

The piping of the intake air for example.

Sure... it works, but it´s not a good solution  s:!: :!: s:!:  And what about the intercooler? As much as I know (my last information, please correct me if I`m wrong...) it`s a air-air intercooler placed near to the "bottom" of the engine bay, I wonder how it works efficently?

Best thing of the tte ist the price... it`s a good help making a decision.  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

IMHO, the TTE kit is not targeted at the average owner here - we're all enthusiasts, and so more prepared to experiment/take chances/play with less-tested/prototype/bespoke alternatives. The TTE kit however is/was intended to be sold as a black-box/fit-n-forget/plug-n-play option for the 'normal' owner who just wants his car "to go faster", with no regard for the technical detail.

To compare the TTE kit (either on price or technical merit) to any of the other options is not a like-for-like comparison.

Anonymous

I'd buy a Hass kit and an extra 1ZZ for that price  s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Finally now it is for real  s:P :P s:P  

The TTE turbo is on the market.

Photos of the first one installed:

m http://www.my-mr2.de/modules.php?op=mod ... me=albuu04 m

It is expensive, but it is not only the turbo. Lots of mods in the car.

It looks real good  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "pp"Finally now it is for real  s:P :P s:P  

The TTE turbo is on the market.

Photos of the first one installed:

m http://www.my-mr2.de/modules.php?op=mod ... me=albuu04 m

It is expensive, but it is not only the turbo. Lots of mods in the car.

It looks real good  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Are they still restricting the horses to 185BHP  s:?: :?: s:?:  Seems too low and too expensive compared with the lads Hass systems  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: