Air intake question.

Started by LeeUK, December 3, 2004, 18:38

LeeUK

What sounds better, the Apex'i Intake or the Injen?   s:? :? s:?  

I know my A'pexi sounds great, but I like the look of the Injen and my Apex'i cone now needs replacing.  There is not much difference in price between a replacement cone or the injen kit.

Any thoughts?
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

The Apexi cone is in theory clean-able; although I don't think anyone's yet found anything suitable to clean it with. Best suggestion yet is a high-pressure airline, from the inside-out.

Darth Paul

I've cleaned my Apexi. First brushed it off with a clean paintbrush, and then under the tap. Then dried on a radiator overnight.

Slacey

Quote from: "Darth Paul"I've cleaned my Apexi. First brushed it off with a clean paintbrush, and then under the tap. Then dried on a radiator overnight.
Same here, I cleaned it twice with this method and it comes out fine.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

LeeUK

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "Darth Paul"I've cleaned my Apexi. First brushed it off with a clean paintbrush, and then under the tap. Then dried on a radiator overnight.
Same here, I cleaned it twice with this method and it comes out fine.

Thanks, I'll give that a go.
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Comer

Is this still the preferred method of cleaning the Apexi Filter or has anyone tried anything different?
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

K&N make some cleaning solution for their filters, which may be applicable but then you have to reoil it (they alos do this)

Slacey

Quote from: "RUSTY"K&N make some cleaning solution for their filters, which may be applicable but then you have to reoil it (they alos do this)
They do, and it works well with K&N filters which need oiling, but NOT Apexi which needs to run dry. As I mentioned before, washing out with clean water from the inside out worked a treat and I believe my twice cleaned intake is still going strong  s:) :) s:)
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Comer

Thanks for the info  s:D :D s:D
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

I've got the Injen and the sound is excellent. Haven't tried the apexi so I don't know if it's different or not.

My question concerns cleaning the Injen filter. I've got the TRD filter cleaning kit (and the filter too, in case anyone is interested), and I'm wondering if I can use the TRD kit on the Injen. Possible?

heathstimpson

Quote from: "southerneditor"I've got the TRD filter cleaning kit (and the filter too, in case anyone is interested)
I would be interested in the cleaning kit.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: