No more Spyders in US

Started by Tem, December 9, 2004, 21:43

Tem

m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=4209302 m

We've all heard the rumours and announcements, but now the time actually came  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

kanujunkie

looks like spyderchat is down again, i can't see stuff all  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Nope, nor me........  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Tem

Figures, they don't get Spyders anymore, so why should there be a Spyderchat either  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

there's millions in oz, the size of horses

Anonymous

ok im not funny, i know, but on the positive side, your car will have gone up in value, and should continue to do so, and someone will import them if theres demand, supply and demand ect ect.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"Figures, they don't get Spyders anymore, so why should there be a Spyderchat either  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

So we can all cry over our beer?

Jap GT300

So in the US you are able to chose between a 5sp or 6sp gearbox on new models?

Anonymous

No joy.

MR2Blue

Does anyone know if and when they are stopping making them for the UK ?  I am/was going to change mine next year.

Tem

Oops, double post, please remove this one, thanks!

Tem

Quote from: "Beanie"
Quote from: "Tem"Figures, they don't get Spyders anymore, so why should there be a Spyderchat either  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

So we can all cry over our beer?

I'd be just happy if they stop sales over here. It just makes my car more rare  s8) 8) s8)

Quote from: "Jap GT300"So in the US you are able to chose between a 5sp or 6sp gearbox on new models?

According to the post on that link, you can't choose a new model in US. Period  s:? :? s:?

Quote from: "MR2Blue"Does anyone know if and when they are stopping making them for the UK ?

I don't think there has been any rumours of discontinuing production in Japan or importing to Europe...

kanujunkie

It's back again!  s:D :D s:D
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Joe Schmoe

Quote from: "Jap GT300"So in the US you are able to chose between a 5sp or 6sp gearbox on new models?
6-speed SMT, 5-speed MT.

roger

Quote from: "Joe Schmoe"
6-speed SMT, 5-speed MT.

Our stock MT is now 6-speed only. Has been for nearly 2 years.

Looking at the US 2003 manual though for the first time in the transmission section, yes, they only talk of 5 gears. Surprised T carry on with the old box. May be the decision now announced was decided some time ago   s:?: :?: s:?:  

roger
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

IIRC - the ratio's in the six speed Euro gearbox are the same as the 5 speed (C52), with the exception that there is the addition of a sixth gear - i.e. the gearbox is not closer ratio. I'm pretty sure that the final drive is the same for the 5 and 6 speed boxes.

However, the US market get a 5 speed box (C56) with different ratio's and a different final drive, which is a closer ratio gearbox - and coupled with the different final drive produces a slightly more rapidly accelerating car than what we get in Europe.

This is probably why we got a six speed and they kept there 5 speed.

I think this is right, from what I've read!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

see this thread for more info...

Tags: