Ionic rinse system

Started by MRMike, December 11, 2004, 21:31

MRMike

m http://www.ionicsystems.com/cars/home/index.htm m

m http://shop.ionicsystems.com/htdocs/aca ... ms_53.html m

Noticed these in CAR magazine the other day, bought one for my old man today as a Christmas present, which undoubtedly I will steal at some point.

The de-ioniser is supposed to prevent the need for chamoising the car after.  I remember GSB and Heath mentioning they had a similar system at work.  

Worth a try me thinks, plus solves the problem of what to get my old man!
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

roger

Mike

I thought about it when I saw original posts, but I didn't buy because I thought the 2 was small enough to do a good hand job   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Keep us in touch what he thinks about it.

roger
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Quote from: "roger"I thought the 2 was small enough to do a good hand job   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

i see spyderchat's influence has no bounds!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

kev

Slacey

We live in quite a hard water area, and any spots missed leave really bad marks on my black car - I mentioned these to AnnMarie the other day, so we'll see  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

Quote from: "MRMike"Noticed these in CAR magazine the other day, bought one for my old man today as a Christmas present, which undoubtedly I will steal at some point.

Sounds interesting, let us know how it works  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

We have a similar gizmo here in the states--made by Mr. Clean. It's an all-in-one unit that has built-in detergent, a deionizing filter in the handle and a valve at the head to switch between unfiltered, mix of soap and unfiltered, and finally, the filtered/deionized water.

You rinse up, then soap and wash, rinse again, then mist with the deionized water and let it drip dry. It acutually works quite well. I used to get lots of water spots on my black paint, but now it looks as if it's been towel dried. Even better...no streaks.

Anonymous

I am "trialling" this unit from work, am using it on black BMW and silver MR2.  Seems ok but not perfect of course, works well with MER special shampoo [the one that runs water rather than beads.
Worth a try if like me you're quite often too lazy to chamois off  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

MRMike

Welll enough time has elapsed since christmas for me to claim the ionic rinse as my own..have to say its absolutely great.  Only need to run the chamois over the car once and all the water is gone, and any bits that are left I don't bother with as it just evaporates without leaving a trace.  

Very impressive
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Tem

Quote from: "MRMike"Very impressive

Which one did you get?

MRMike

Yeah its a bit hard to choose...you probably know this but the difference between #28 & #30 is the TDS (total dissolvable solids)

30 TDS takes out 98% of the impurities
0 TDS Purifies the water bringing it to zero

I always chamois my car after anyways, so the 30 TDS is fine for me(ahem dad)  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  . If you intend not to go over the car once with a chamois, then i'd go for the 0 TDS.

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Tem

Yeah, I did read those, but it's still a bit confusing  s8) 8) s8)  I don't mind using the chamois at all, so 30 TDS would be fine then.

Is the only difference between 12" and 30" models the time they last?

MRMike

Quote from: "Tem"Yeah, I did read those, but it's still a bit confusing  s8) 8) s8)  I don't mind using the chamois at all, so 30 TDS would be fine then.

Is the only difference between 12" and 30" models the time they last?

Indeed!    s:D :D s:D   I'm temted to get one of the larger 0 TDS models for myself

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Hope4Sun

Quote from: "Slacey"We live in quite a hard water area, and any spots missed leave really bad marks on my black car - I mentioned these to AnnMarie the other day, so we'll see  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

You need to use a good paintwork cleanser and flanelled sponge remover, i can say after the Black Porsche and the Skyline, this is a god send!!!, though does require a little more elbow grease (and you have to wax it again after cleansing, but the finish is worth it!!)

Heres a link to the sponges and the HD cleanser is below, not really cheap but last ages on a car the size of the 2  s;) ;) s;)

m http://www.zdouk.com/detail.aspx?ID=62 m

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Tags: