Exhaust Manifold

Started by steve133, March 19, 2016, 16:23

steve133

I've been looking at the stainless steel exhaust manifold's on e bay. Has anyone any experience with buying one and  having it fitted, I've been told they can make the car fail its MOT ? I quite fancy the look, I've had the pre cat taken out so that should not make a difference  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  .
steve133

Tomo70

Check in the search bar, lots of info on manifolds, imho save your money, no performance increase put money towards a TTE or a cobra exhaust   s:D :D s:D
🚘Just a pass time to break the monotony

jeffsimply

If your precats haven't gone and your car doesn't use oil, then they probably won't.

Obviously this is no guarantee- but I replaced my manifold for a stainless one from eBay and the precats were in perfect condition- I even had a go the other day at gutting it and they wouldn't budge, I just ended up punching holes in them (requiring a lot of force).

I would personally not bother unless you're getting something like a PPE or Zero manifold.

Barney Bear

Re: Anyone got jdmhondaparts Mr2 exhaust manifold off eBay?
Postby Barney Bear ยป Sat May 02, 2015 6:41 pm

Had two from them first one was about 4 years old when I broke it ( to heavy handed undoing the heat shield and cracked it   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  )
second one been on for about the same now and not had any problems although with this one I sprayed with silver exhaust paint before fitting
oh and as per all good advise on here throw the gasket and buy an OEM one from a supplier   s:D :D s:D
Barney Bear

2004 Toyota MR2
TopMark post as unread

Still on the car and doing fine so far car has never failed a MOT
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

steve133

Cheers Guy's Tomo70 I have a TTE exhaust and Jeffsimply I had the pre cats taken out as a precaution, I'm not bothered about extra power I just like the look of the manifold.
steve133

Tomo70

When it comes to stainless decat manifolds you get what you pay for. ( and they will always go blue)I have had the toyo and the one from US with all the fittings. Now I am not a welder but the quality was poor. The gaskets were also poor. I have the Toyo one on now and made an adapter from the back Amigo to support the lower section, then wrapped.
🚘Just a pass time to break the monotony

KRAMSNEHPETS

Just taken a JDM one off my car when fitting the 2ZZ. been fine for the 3 years it spent on the car
2004 Red edition. 2ZZ engine with Rotrex 30 94 supercharger,90mm pulley. Link Storm ECU. Charge cooler. Custom Meggalian exhaust.Uprated fuel pump, regulator and rail.840 injectors.323 BHP at the hubs. Meistier coil overs. Matt under body brace. Front and rear, upper and lower braces,list goes on...

redcarblackhorse

Have a che from USA,  been fine, no issues, gaskets that came with it were not great so I ordered ones from local auto factor.
1999 MR-S with a few tweaks!
Circuit de catalunya
24 Heures du Mans
Thruxton
Abingdon Track day

steve133

Thanks for the guidance I'll decide which way to go now
steve133

Tags: