Pre cat removal and decat exhaust

Started by Anonymous, December 30, 2004, 13:47

Anonymous

ok guys, i know you are all going to shout at me but I promise I searcred and searched for this topic and only came up with nonsense.

When i get my new flame retardant '2 im thinking along the lines of gutting the pre cats and decating the exhaust (im a bit scared of them these days...!)  along with adding an induction kit and sports exhaust (possibly a mongoose as I like the name!!)

Any advice on how i go about all of this (the replacement zorst and air intake are easy so forget about them) and I'm fair handy with a set of spanners (on bikes anyway)

cheers all
keith
ps do I still qualify for the club as I only have half an MR2R now??!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

GSB

Search again.... theres LOADS written on these, including a complete how too on pre-cat removal written by me...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Tem

You might wanna browse the maintenance forum instead of performance though...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Keith you have my sympathy! I've tried using the search forum for this and other subjests several times but also only ever come up with loads of unrelated stuff? Maybe we are doing something wrong?   s:? :? s:?  

Steve.

GSB

Quote from: "SteveM"Keith you have my sympathy! I've tried using the search forum for this and other subjests several times but also only ever come up with loads of unrelated stuff? Maybe we are doing something wrong?   s:? :? s:?  

Steve.

Searching using the text string "precat and removal" brings up 11 matches, the first of which is this post. The 9th one down contains a full description of the removal of the precats with several pictures.

A search for "Mongoose" brings up four posts, including this one, and one other from 2 weeks ago by the same author that asks the same question as asked here, it would seem that on MR2-ROC at least, the Mongoose exhaust is uncharted territory.The search does however bring up the H&S post, which is as good a place to start as any with regard to choosing a sports exhasut...

A search for "decat" brings up only 39 matches, which contain pretty match all the info on the ROC database concerning removal of the main cat... As far as I am aware only Markiii has decatted his pipe, and he was unhappy with the loss of midrange power that resulted. Other owners, (mainly in the US) have used the PPE header and Decat pipe with good results.
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

GSB - Do you need to use the " " quotation marks when searching as I haven't been?

Cheers...

GSB

No, just the words you're after. If you want to search for 2 words, to narrow things down further, you have to put and in the text string.

i.e. searching for mongoose and exhaust would filter out all the posts containing both those words. Searching for mongoose exhasut will bring up a lot more posts, as you get all the posts that contain either word...

Anonymous

Thanks for that, I'll try again.

Anonymous

ok, thanks for explaining how the search system works. I really didnt know that you has to put the AND in
Thanks for the advice, think i will go quiet for a while now though as i seem to make myself look stupid everytime i post!

Keith

GSB

No one here is considered stupid, (OK, maybe some people are) but you will find that 90% of the things you want to know as a new owner have been covered quite extensivley, in fact we've quite a large database of really useful stuff, so have a good look round, and then feel free to comment, ask further questions, or even add your own findings.

If you then want more detailed info, feel free to ask.  s8) 8) s8)

Tags: