New custom J-spec badges!

Started by LeeUK, January 10, 2005, 19:20

LeeUK

Hope you like them, photos are not great, I customised these myself bar the blue one obviously!

Please excuse the gruby fingerprints!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

The red is in toyota red   s:? :? s:?   and the black which is going on my car is metallic astral black.

The red is up for anyone who wants it although Biggun and Ekona have first dibbs.

If anyone wants me to make them up a badge let me know and we can arrange something.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

GSB

Very nice. About time someone here in the UK got of thier backside and did a few of these!

Can you do one like mine though?

(Thats with real carbon fibre for extra Shizzle!)  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

LeeUK

Ha ha, cheeky bugger!  That was going to be my next project!  Well done, beat me to it!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

GSB

Quote from: "LeeUK"Ha ha, cheeky bugger!  That was going to be my next project!  Well done, beat me to it!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

No problem, they're unavaillable anyway, so its another market niche you can fill. Hong of Pelican Racing made 10 of them last year in a one off giveaway to friends of Socal Spyders. (i.e. anyone  who hadnt pissed him off on SC - he was banned from there at the time over an argument with some other members)

What people are going to want to know though Lee, is how much? how quick?  and in what colours? Like it or not, you just set yourself up in the badge business...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Hope4Sun

Indeed you have, i'd really like one with a Sable back colour ASAP  s:) :) s:)

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Slacey

Quote from: "GSB"Hong of Pelican Racing made 10 of them last year in a one off giveaway to friends of Socal Spyders
I have one too   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

Nice work though Lee - glad to see someone else making them.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Bongo

Quote from: "GSB"What people are going to want to know though Lee, is how much? how quick?  and in what colours? Like it or not, you just set yourself up in the badge business...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Indeed.

I'm interested in the red one if those with the dibs aren't..

LeeUK

Quote from: "GSB"What people are going to want to know though Lee, is how much? how quick?  and in what colours? Like it or not, you just set yourself up in the badge business...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Not a problem, not sure what prices yet plus I would need to find a source for the standard badges, eg local garage or diamond.

Also I will need to know what colours people would want as I don't want to spend a fortune of paints I will not use.

Last of all red badges look poor on red roadster so bare that in mind, you need a little contrast in colour.  I'll post pics of my badge once fitted.

So as a rough guide £30 probably, depends on what colour and if I have it though!
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

LeeUK

Sorry i forgot, my delivery times should be alot swifter than Ekoslings   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

kanujunkie

well that's not hard, i've been waiting 7months for Elliott's ones to arrive, getting kinda annoyed now!  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Hope4Sun"Indeed you have, i'd really like one with a Sable back colour ASAP  s:) :) s:)

Andy

And why? I can't believe no-one's asked. First a Boxster, then a Skyline. You've evolved (for the better!) So why do you want a sable '2 badge...?

Slacey

Quote from: "Darth Paul"And why? I can't believe no-one's asked. First a Boxster, then a Skyline. You've evolved (for the better!) So why do you want a sable '2 badge...?
From a post Andy made at christmas...

Quote from: "Hope4Sun"Santa has come early for me here  , as i've just payed for my brand new MR2 Roadster, which should be here early next year on my return to this country YAY!!!

Anonymous

Id be interested in the red one if no-one else is....   s:D :D s:D

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "Darth Paul"And why? I can't believe no-one's asked. First a Boxster, then a Skyline. You've evolved (for the better!) So why do you want a sable '2 badge...?
From a post Andy made at christmas...

Quote from: "Hope4Sun"Santa has come early for me here  , as i've just payed for my brand new MR2 Roadster, which should be here early next year on my return to this country YAY!!!

Ahhhhh, missed that one! Be nice to get an old member back.  s:D :D s:D

Hope4Sun

And i thought everyone missed that one  s:) :) s:) , yep i collect her tomorrow, will be nice to have another car to enjoy!!

But i still need a badge asap  s;) ;) s;)

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Hope4Sun"And i thought everyone missed that one  s:) :) s:) , yep i collect her tomorrow, will be nice to have another car to enjoy!!

Andy

Some people are too damn greedy – and have too much dosh!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

LeeUK

Quote from: "Hope4Sun"And i thought everyone missed that one  s:) :) s:) , yep i collect her tomorrow, will be nice to have another car to enjoy!!

Andy

Cool, what I'll do if you're game, is post you the Black metallic as I really think it will look good on the sable, it's really graphite-like.  If you like it you can send me a cheque in the post, if not just post it back and I'll try somthing else.

I'm investigating a source but I thing at the moment to cover my costs for the original badge, paints and experiments with new ideas   s:D :D s:D   they'll cost £30-35, i'm not looking to do this for profit, just to be primed with free beer at the next MR2ROC meet!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Hopefully I'll have finished production early Feb so everyone who is interested please PM me your name, address, phone no and colour of your car and the badge colour you desire, then I will get back to you with a price.
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

markiii

speak to japanparts or carson toyot about a buld order they should beat that
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

LeeUK

Quote from: "markiii"speak to japanparts or carson toyot about a buld order they should beat that

True, but I don't want to order too many incase nobody wants them and I end up with 20 j-spec badges in my desk draw   s:? :? s:?
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

Bongo

how about you get prices from them, get interest on here and then order enough badges to cover it?

LeeUK

That's fine as long as people don't mind waiting longer (quotes and possible shipping from france/US/Japan) as oppose to next day delivery from my local dealer.  Either way I'm happy tho!

Edit:

Keep posting interest, but on the prices I've had and the quote from my local garage the customised badges will be £35 as the prices for the orginal badges are the same no matter where I get the buggers from!

I'll leave it until the 21st as a deadline and I'll make a batch up for those wanting.

I shall move it to the Buying section when I get more time! (maybe thursday, unless a mod wants to chop and paste for me   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

Tem

Just wondering, but can't you get the badges from UK dealer with the part number? I was quite surprised to notice that my local dealer is actually the cheapest source for the badge and the wheel caps  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

markiii

your dealer caries L-s[ec badges on next day order? mine took 12 weeks?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"your dealer caries L-s[ec badges on next day order? mine took 12 weeks?

Took three days as there was no stock in Finland. No wonder, cause apparently I was the first to buy one and it's not an EU-spec part anyway. But the EU-storage in Belgium had plenty, so it took only three days. That's why I'm assuming any european dealer can get them pretty quick and fairly cheap. They wouldn't have stock, unless many people had bought them before me  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Slacey

Quote from: "LeeUK"I shall move it to the Buying section when I get more time! (maybe thursday, unless a mod wants to chop and paste for me   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )
Start a new [GB] thread please Lee.

Tags: