"Squelching Clutch"

Started by Anonymous, January 16, 2005, 19:31

Anonymous

Right then,

The clutch has started "squelching" noises when i am driving, so loudly it can be heard above the stereo, any ideas?

Anonymous

3rd post in a month about clutches, maybe they are as bad as the engines...let hope not.

MRMike

Squelching? Does it do this when the clutch is fully depressed? Or on its travel?  I'd have a look at the linkage, as thats where most of the problems originate.  As mentioned in Odubs post it's unlikely to be the clutch itself.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

I have nothing of interest to add to this thread, apart from the fact that my clutch has started doing it too now. As from yesterday.   s:( :( s:(  

So that's 4 in a month.

Bloody cheap Japanese crap...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Jap GT300

QuoteThe return spring (painted red) on the clutch pedal is rubbing. It usual has the spring end sitting in a little plastic seat, but I have seen a couple of mr2's now where this seat has snapped and come out causing the spring to squeak.

To fix the prblem i shoved some small silicon hose (tight fit) over the end of the spring where it sits and then put some grease around it too as it seemed to have dried out.

Check out the spring!  I have seen this happen on a few 2's

Anonymous

i had this and just sprayed some DD40 around the top of the clutch pedal which seems to have stopped it

GSB

Quote from: "MRMike"Squelching? Does it do this when the clutch is fully depressed?

I think my clutch might be depressed...

It heard a rumour about a Unichip coming on board and now it says it's going to have to do even more work, and it feels like its just not appreciated anymore. Plus theres the fact that it has this On-Off relationship with the gearbox, and its nearest nieghbour the engine keeps having these loud parties and screaming a lot. I had a good talk with it this morning though. I just pointed out that it could always be worse. After all it could just as easily have been put in an old grannies Corrolla, and subjected to prolonged 3 point turns and hill starts at con-rod threatening rpm's for the duration of its very much shortened life...

Its says its feeling a little better now. If you're clutch is depressed, you might like to try the same course of action...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

kanujunkie

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

silly bugger!
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

I also thought i'd mention that i can also feel some friction when depressing the clutch - the problem is on the travel!

MRMike

Quote from: "GSB"
Quote from: "MRMike"Squelching? Does it do this when the clutch is fully depressed?

I think my clutch might be depressed...

It heard a rumour about a Unichip coming on board and now it says it's going to have to do even more work, and it feels like its just not appreciated anymore. Plus theres the fact that it has this On-Off relationship with the gearbox, and its nearest nieghbour the engine keeps having these loud parties and screaming a lot. I had a good talk with it this morning though. I just pointed out that it could always be worse. After all it could just as easily have been put in an old grannies Corrolla, and subjected to prolonged 3 point turns and hill starts at con-rod threatening rpm's for the duration of its very much shortened life...

Its says its feeling a little better now. If you're clutch is depressed, you might like to try the same course of action...

s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  I'm now fully depressed and making a squelching noise   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Watch it Grant, I might just make some ammends to your post!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Tags: