Apexi Incduction Kit Vs Viper/BMC Forced Induction Kit

Started by Anonymous, January 18, 2005, 12:28

Anonymous

Hi,

I am thinking of fitting an induction kit to my 2003 MR2, i was wondering if anyone had any experience of the above filters? I haven't really seen anyone comment on the forced induction style air filters!

Any help or info would be a great help!

Regards

Dom

P.S I would be interested in buying a filter if anyone has one for sale!

Jap GT300

You can't really get forced induction with the roadster.  You need a fresh supply of cold air that enters a tube which will decrease in size before the filter.

This can only really be done on front engined cars.  The S2000 gets one as standard.  There is a cone filter inside their airbox!

Mid engined cars don't generally have enough space and besides the side intakes on the roadster don't allow much air through.

Anonymous

Is there any particular induction kit that you recomend... i have searched for a few but nothing really takes my fancy!

markiii

for sound and filtration Apexi is your best bet.

I toyed with a viper last year, but for teh rpice and as per Adams comments, teh chances of making it work well enough to justify the outlay are slim.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: