For your information...

Started by dieamond, January 22, 2005, 18:33

dieamond

A customer bought from me an Amuse exhaust, an Extra muffler.

3.5kg of titanium, oval exit, street legal in Japan (which means "not too noisy)

I'll shoot it from all angles once it's here.

Note that I need a lot of zen concentration to resist to the "necessity" to order one for me.

I'm sooooooooo excited !

This part is the one making me dream since I have the MR-S.
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Jap GT300

I have the Amuse titanium header.  That also weighs nothing and the craftmanship is second to none.

dreambackup

you're not talking about the price of the thing, Dieamond  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

isn't titanium supposed to be "fragile" at high temperatures?
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

dieamond

Quote from: "Jap GT300"I have the Amuse titanium header.  That also weighs nothing and the craftmanship is second to none.

don't tell me don't tell me don't tell me don't tell me don't tell me don't tell me don't tell me don't tell me don't tell me don't tell me  >_<
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia

Anonymous

I am probably done with titanium on street cars if I can't find a way to construct the stuff myself.  Just not worth the $.  It will break!

The weight savings is nice though.

dieamond

Cin, did you have a problem with your TPS exhaust ?

Tem

There was just some talk about this on SC. Two quotes:
"TI header will crack as TI isn't properly suited for heat."
"*most* Titanium motorcycle headers crack every season."

See the 2nd page of this thread:
 m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=18507 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

dieamond

yes but here we don't speack about header, not even downpipe, just exhaust

temperature is really lower, especially after the cat.

Anonymous

Yes mine cracked from inside the canister.  It still works OK but when decelerating and you get to about 2000rpm(only when the exhaust is hot) it vibrates and rattles.  Could be that I have a hard suspension or that it was defective but I do know that Ti exhausts are a bit delicate.  Anyway  I knew what I was going in for and since I do business in Japan too it did not cost me much since I paid no shipping on it.  It is also very light and sound great.  Shame it broke.  There is one other guy who has one and he seems to be doing fine with it.   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

My 3.9 kg titanium TPS still works well. I hope also in the future  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Doh!!  Good to hear.  Mine is giving up   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

I have a couple of ideas though.  I will get another exhaust.  I will open the TPS, see what the hell is wrong with it and close it back up with a carbon fibre shell instead of the Ti shell that will have to be cut up.  Should work quite well and weigh about the same  s:) :) s:)

Jap GT300

I'm trying to do a deal on some parts that include a titanium exhaust but it is a little bent.

What do you use to re-weld titanium?

Tags: