Spare Wheel?

Started by Anonymous, January 31, 2005, 06:28

Anonymous

Hi,

I am considering taking the spare wheel out to make for a bit more storage space and replacing with some tire weld!? Can anyone tell me if they have tried this and if it makes any difference to handling, for better of for worse?

Cheers

Dom

Slacey

Dom, use the search button above , there has been a few discussions on this subject with views on both sides. Personally I keep mine in.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dominic_Gregory"Hi,

I am considering taking the spare wheel out to make for a bit more storage space and replacing with some tire weld!? Can anyone tell me if they have tried this and if it makes any difference to handling, for better of for worse?

Cheers

Dom

Dom:

Taking some weight out of the front will tend to reduce front grip and increase understeer, but you say that you want to remove the wheel to give more storage space.  So, if you replace the wheel with the same weight of other stuff, there will be no difference.  Also, there is no significant difference until you puch the car hard enough to experience understeer! There's probably a small change to the ride quality but I've not noticed.  

hth
Andy

Tags: