Exhaust question...

Started by woodypk, March 12, 2017, 18:24

woodypk

What is there to consider if I wanted to make the exhaust exit either side of the of the number plate ( rear plate just for clarification   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ). I know there is a bar which sits behind this area, the full length of the bumper but could this be modified to allow space for a dual exit either side of the reg?

I've seen some highly modified cars with this kind of thing done.

I like the idea of the exhaust tips matching the shape/profile of the rear towing eye trims.

Which presents the question - Is it a good idea to remove the rear towing eyes or can these just be moved somewhere else?
Black W reg standard - Gone
Sable 06 Reg turbo - staying forever

If I were to add up how much I'd spent on my car, I still wouldn't be able to afford a new Vauxhall Corsa - And I know which one I'd rather have...

MilesH

Yes it can be done but you need to cut two half moon shapes in the rear crash bar (up to you if you think this is appropriate for a road car or not).

Or you can remove the rear crash bar and make another once you have the routing of the exhaust pipes sorted. I've done this on a race car but not on a road car.

woodypk

Is the propose of the rear crash bar solely for rear impact protection then? Is it not also used to attach the bumper to the car?

Thanks.
Black W reg standard - Gone
Sable 06 Reg turbo - staying forever

If I were to add up how much I'd spent on my car, I still wouldn't be able to afford a new Vauxhall Corsa - And I know which one I'd rather have...

Tags: