SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

2 of the left

And yet another!!

delhusband

double post
Hate pointy animals

delhusband

Quote from: "Call the midlife!"10 A2 M6 screws and washers £2 from Screwfix, dab of copperslip and Bobs your Uncle..
Top man, Ordered for collection tomorrow. Just discovered there's a screw fix right round the corner from work  s:D :D s:D
Hate pointy animals

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "delhusband"
Quote from: "Call the midlife!"10 A2 M6 screws and washers £2 from Screwfix, dab of copperslip and Bobs your Uncle..
Top man, Ordered for collection tomorrow. Just discovered there's a screw fix right round the corner from work  s:D :D s:D
Saucy! I nearly got some when I was in earlier until I remembered I'd got some lovely, blue anodised washers and Allen bolts to replace all my frunk fasteners so I'll have plenty spare..[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

delhusband

Quote from: "Call the midlife!"Saucy! I nearly got some when I was in earlier until I remembered I'd got some lovely, blue anodised washers and Allen bolts to replace all my frunk fasteners so I'll have plenty spare..[emoji23]
Don't suppose you've found a for replacement for the trim screws - 10mm hex head, large washer, 6mm Ø, 16mm length, 3mm pitch - seen any equivalents for these?
Hate pointy animals

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "Call the midlife!"Saucy! I nearly got some when I was in earlier until I remembered I'd got some lovely, blue anodised washers and Allen bolts to replace all my frunk fasteners so I'll have plenty spare..[emoji23]
Don't suppose you've found a for replacement for the trim screws - 10mm hex head, large washer, 6mm Ø, 16mm length, 3mm pitch - seen any equivalents for these?
Nope, those were the ones I meant when I said I stripped the scrapper cars. I've got a few spares from that but no new ones.
I've got some steel "chimney clips" I think they're called that take an m6 screw but they're very tight, haven't tried them for bumpers etc yet but used them to fasten the rear spats on.

delhusband

Quote from: "Call the midlife!"Nope, those were the ones I meant when I said I stripped the scrapper cars. I've got a few spares from that but no new ones.
Much searching later - I think the Toyota part number might be 90159-60603 - looks like the job
Hate pointy animals

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "Call the midlife!"Nope, those were the ones I meant when I said I stripped the scrapper cars. I've got a few spares from that but no new ones.
Much searching later - I think the Toyota part number might be 90159-60603 - looks like the job
I was on the phone half an hour today ordering Toyota parts from TCB to add to the ones that arrived yesterday, I'm all part numbered out! No more Toyota parts buying for me for the foreseeable future!

delhusband

Quote from: "delhusband"I'll order up some spare bolts and set about using my dremmel and tap/die set next time and practice removing the stuck bolts.  I reckon drilling/tapping might be an invaluable skill to learn judging by the state of the car underneath
Brilliant fun this evening. Ground and drilled out a stuck bolt and tapped a new thread!
I have evolved from Squirtle to Wartortle (If you don't know what I'm on about, just ignore me - I'm deliriously happy - think I've just graduated from tinkerer to entry level fixer).

Just discovered a new Screwfix opened recently just round the corner form where I work. Got 1 x 10 pack of A2 6 x 16 SS bolts, & 10 pack of penny washers - just over £4. Cheers Midlife  s:) :) s:)

Assembled the tools. Drill, assortment of metal bits (sizes "erm.." to "rusty"), hammer and punch. Forgot to include the Rotary tool in the pic  s:) :) s:)

Here's one of the offending stuck bolts on the top section where the front bumper mounts

Used grinding head on rotary tool to grind off the top of the screw. I tried using the hammer and punch to make a guide hole for the drill, but the metal work at that location is quite rusty, and is naturally thin - I managed to deform the metalwork a little, so I reverted to just drilling a small guide hole from scratch at low speed. Started a hole all the way through with smallest bit, and when that was done went to the next size up - repeated until I arrived at the right size for tapping a new M6 thread into.

Used the M6 tap from the new kit I got the other week (Might not have use the best/appropriate handle, but went easy - half turn, then back a turn, then repeat until all the way through.  Then wound in and out fully once for good measure when done. Finished bolt 1!

The second bolt to fix was the central lower bolt.  

Making sparks is immensely joyful  s:D :D s:D  Never used a grinder before today.

Came a bit of a cropper here - drill was to big to get a straight angle for drilling the hole.

Luckily I have another, smaller drill - tried that to see if It gave me better access - It was good for size, but I managed to snap the small bit.

At this point Sky started to open up with little drops, so scrambled to cleanup.

Put the bumper back on loosely for the evening. Stuck two new bolts on top (used the central holes for the new bolts as there was more space for the penny washers there).

I'll finish that bolt and the third one next time I get a dry night. Really wish I had a Garage or a lockup - was saying to Mulaz on the Holy Island run, I'm thinking about a gazebo.
Hate pointy animals

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "delhusband"I'll order up some spare bolts and set about using my dremmel and tap/die set next time and practice removing the stuck bolts.  I reckon drilling/tapping might be an invaluable skill to learn judging by the state of the car underneath
Brilliant fun this evening. Ground and drilled out a stuck bolt and tapped a new thread!
I have evolved from Squirtle to Wartortle (If you don't know what I'm on about, just ignore me - I'm deliriously happy - think I've just graduated from tinkerer to entry level fixer).

Just discovered a new Screwfix opened recently just round the corner form where I work. Got 1 x 10 pack of A2 6 x 16 SS bolts, & 10 pack of penny washers - just over £4. Cheers Midlife  s:) :) s:)

Assembled the tools. Drill, assortment of metal bits (sizes "erm.." to "rusty"), hammer and punch. Forgot to include the Rotary tool in the pic  s:) :) s:)

Here's one of the offending stuck bolts on the top section where the front bumper mounts

Used grinding head on rotary tool to grind off the top of the screw. I tried using the hammer and punch to make a guide hole for the drill, but the metal work at that location is quite rusty, and is naturally thin - I managed to deform the metalwork a little, so I reverted to just drilling a small guide hole from scratch at low speed. Started a hole all the way through with smallest bit, and when that was done went to the next size up - repeated until I arrived at the right size for tapping a new M6 thread into.

Used the M6 tap from the new kit I got the other week (Might not have use the best/appropriate handle, but went easy - half turn, then back a turn, then repeat until all the way through.  Then wound in and out fully once for good measure when done. Finished bolt 1!

The second bolt to fix was the central lower bolt.  

Making sparks is immensely joyful  s:D :D s:D  Never used a grinder before today.

Came a bit of a cropper here - drill was to big to get a straight angle for drilling the hole.

Luckily I have another, smaller drill - tried that to see if It gave me better access - It was good for size, but I managed to snap the small bit.

At this point Sky started to open up with little drops, so scrambled to cleanup.

Put the bumper back on loosely for the evening. Stuck two new bolts on top (used the central holes for the new bolts as there was more space for the penny washers there).

I'll finish that bolt and the third one next time I get a dry night. Really wish I had a Garage or a lockup - was saying to Mulaz on the Holy Island run, I'm thinking about a gazebo.
Please don't refer to me in the same post you refer to Pokemon, no matter how affirmative, it's just not seemly...

Call the midlife!

You could try these also once you've ground the head off, might save you the hassle of drilling the thread out, then just a quick clean with the 6mm tap.

Call the midlife!

delhusband

Quote from: "Call the midlife!"Please don't refer to me in the same post you refer to Pokemon, no matter how affirmative, it's just not seemly...
thou doth protest too much - you just 'fessed up to "getting" the reference   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  
Quote from: "Call the midlife!"You could try these also once you've ground the head off, might save you the hassle of drilling the thread out
That looks handy that, the drilling out did take a while.
Hate pointy animals

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "Call the midlife!"Please don't refer to me in the same post you refer to Pokemon, no matter how affirmative, it's just not seemly...
thou doth protest too much - you just 'fessed up to "getting" the reference   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  
Quote from: "Call the midlife!"You could try these also once you've ground the head off, might save you the hassle of drilling the thread out
That looks handy that, the drilling out did take a while.
No guarantee they'll work mind but for a few quid and a few minutes trying. I'd also ask Father Christmas for a twin set of battery drill/driver and impact driver, much more user friendly when you're lying underneath the car!
I've got a compressor but forget to use the tools, just reach for the Makitas.

delhusband

Just been reading Project Black (that's some serious, nice work. nice car) and all the stuff about the gasket. Your mucka sounds like a Mega Blastoise.
Hate pointy animals

Call the midlife!

Just been reading Project Black (that's some serious, nice work. nice car) and all the stuff about the gasket. Your mucka sounds like a Mega Blastoise.
Stop it now, San Diego...

delhusband

Changed out PCV for new one I bought from TCB - one less thing to worry about. This was really simples!
The old one seemed OK when I blew through it each side (easy on Cylinder head side, resistance on intake manifold side).
Both of them rattled when I shook them - I might sound silly, but the old PCV seemed a bit more "boingy" inside when I shook it.
I'm starting a list of servicing things I've done

Servicing
    67142 - Self - 4 x Spark Plugs (Bosch FR78X ), Air Filter (Blitz LM), Oil & Filter (Halfords filter, Castrol Magnatec Stop-Start 5W30 A5)
    68424 - Self - New PCV

Hate pointy animals

delhusband

Eeeek! Lost my (tm) coffeebean. Back to MacOnStrikes tomorrow (if anyone's still serving)

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk
Hate pointy animals

delhusband

Thanks to a very kind donation from
Quote from: 2 of the left
who has got some new fancy LED fog units, I now have fogs again  s:D :D s:D . Thanks, a token of appreciation will be wending its way to you sometime next week.

Also, fitted some overpriced bolts, screws and frunk clips
Hate pointy animals

2 of the left

Great!! Nice to see !! Del No more Black holes!!

rich_p

Looks great! So many little touches going In to this build it'll be well sorted by the time your done.

I hate to think how much those frunk clips must've been. I paid about £8 per bulb for the two behind the heater controls the other week.

delhusband

Quote from: "rich_p"I hate to think how much those frunk clips must've been.
I asked parts guy for 18 of those, and 20 each bolts and screws. Nearly choked on complimentary coffee when he said they were all over a pound each   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  charged my mind and asked for 5 of each   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Hate pointy animals

shnazzle

Cheapskate
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: