Disabling VSC+TRC

Started by Tem, February 8, 2005, 10:05

Tem

This works at least on a new T-Sport Corolla, makes me wonder if the same could be applied to MR2...

You need to drive with the handbrake light on for about 4 minutes. People have installed a bypass switch to the handle switch, so you don't actually have to drive with the handbrake on. This causes the VSC+TRC to disable themselves!

NOTE! The only way to get them back on is through OBD-II tester. I'm not sure if the general ones do, or if you need the Toyota one. Anyone familiar with the generic ones?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

what is VSC / TRC?

Anonymous

Quote from: "theWizard"what is VSC / TRC?

Vehicle Stability Control and Traction Control

Tem

Quote from: "theWizard"what is VSC / TRC?

Vehicle Stability Control / Traction Control...nothing to worry about, if you don't have the SMT  s;) ;) s;)

Edit: Oops...bit slow of me  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"Edit: Oops...bit slow of me  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Beat you.  WAAAAHHHHH!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Asterix

Quote from: "Tem"You need to drive with the handbrake light on for about 4 minutes. People have installed a bypass switch to the handle switch, so you don't actually have to drive with the handbrake on. This causes the VSC+TRC to disable themselves!

Driving with the handbrake applied? This probably not only disables the VSC+TRC but also kills your brakes.

Do you know how to reduce understeer? ... Just drive your car into a wall.

:-) :-) :-)

Marcel

so.simple

Quote from: "Asterix"
Quote from: "Tem"(...) handbrake light on for about 4 minutes. People have installed a bypass switch to the handle switch, so you don't actually have to drive with the handbrake on. (...)
Driving with the handbrake applied? This probably not only disables the VSC+TRC but also kills your brakes. (...)
Tem said that only the brake light circuit has to be active for about 4 minutes. Of course, driving with your handbrake fully applied for 4 minutes would not be a good idea....   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Carlos

kanujunkie

a mate of mine, did this to another mates saab recently after a night out in Bala, he actually managed to drive 10 miles with the handbrake on, the brakes were totally cooked and needed replacing  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tem

Thanks Carlos  s;) ;) s;)

Marcel, please read what I wrote  s;) ;) s;)

Quote from: "Tem"You need to drive with the handbrake light on for about 4 minutes. People have installed a bypass switch to the handle switch, so you don't actually have to drive with the handbrake on.

Personally when I lift the handle just enough to get the light on, the handbrake doesn't seem to be on at all at that point, so that's another option.

Obviously it's a stupid idea to drive with the handbrake on  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Tem"Obviously it's a stupid idea to drive with the handbrake on  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

must remind my mate of that one again, he's still being reminded of it
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "Tem"Obviously it's a stupid idea to drive with the handbrake on  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

must remind my mate of that one again, he's still being reminded of it

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

You should tell him even finns know that  s;) ;) s;)

Tags: