3 days to do this

Started by Anonymous, February 8, 2005, 15:40

Anonymous

unblock the drains

Replace a wiper

mend the full lock knocking

replace/ fix air deflector

Stop speaker rattles.

Still there proffesional and dont seem to mind me ringing them up nagging like a child all the time.

Anonymous

That's with Mr T. I presume?

Tenner says they don't manage to get rid of all the speaker rattles...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "ekona"Tenner says they don't manage to get rid of all the speaker rattles...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

So you think Mr T will do 4 out of 5  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I dont have it very loud anyway so if they rattle-proof the doors a little bit I should be fine. I already miss it. - getting in a taxi to work was like sitting on the moon! so I expect getting back in the 2 will be like sitting on the floor.

Anonymous

Quote from: "DavidM"
Quote from: "ekona"Tenner says they don't manage to get rid of all the speaker rattles...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

So you think Mr T will do 4 out of 5  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Good point.

Check they put the wiper on the right way...   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

On a serious note, check that everything is done to your standards before taking the car away: my local dealer managed to leave the main cat/pre-cat manifold bolts just finger-tight when they changed the manifold last week (although markiii wasn't complaining about that Sunday...!)

kanujunkie

my local dealer left a nice snap on 3/8" ratchet in the door pocket after doing some work for me, i really cant complain  s:D :D s:D
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slidey McSlideSlide (dave"Stop speaker rattles..

My Mr-T refused to do that - "characteristic of the car" :O

Anonymous

They once left a rachet in my car to, but I gave it them back and they gave me a free goody bag, anyway

Now its been there 5 days,- and there putting a new roof on for me which is nice,- Im not sure why,- but im not complaining,- and for the inconvience of spending so much money on taxis and them ordering the wrong parts- they are throwing in a free brake fluid change.

Ive asked them  what theyve done about the full lock knocking and they said theyve jiggled the steering or something,- ill keep you posted.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slidey McSlideSlide (dave"...Now its been there 5 days,- and there putting a new roof on for me which is nice,- Im not sure why,- but im not complaining...

I would as it was not on your list of niggles and they do not change soft-tops for nothing  s:!: :!: s:!:

Anonymous

they think its leaking. because the pocket things in the back are full of water, which I thought was the drains being blocked. but they think the roof is leaking. I cant think of anywhere else the roof would be leaking and me not knowing about it. can you? anyway It saves me cleaning it, I hope they dont look at this site because it would be obvious who I am.

Tem

Sure sounds like blocked drains...

You should be a bit worried about the change, cause some people have reported that their changed top never really turned out as good as the first one  s:? :? s:?  It seems to be a PITA to get it right...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

I think there replacing the material and all the seals and gubbins, but leaving the frame on. because they said they have had to get a tailor to come in to fit it.  Does anyone know why brake fluid needs changing,- it doesnt get worn like engine oil?

Tem

Quote from: "Slidey McSlideSlide (dave"Does anyone know why brake fluid needs changing,- it doesnt get worn like engine oil?

Moisture gets to it and yes, it does need replacing  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Slidey McSlideSlide (dave"They once left a rachet in my car to, but I gave it them back and they gave me a free goody bag, anyway

lucky bugger, they just said "oh thanx, we've been looking for that"

should have kept it, seeing as they were so stupid to have left there tools lyeing around
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

when I gave it him he looked suprised and told me they are worth  about £130, I was gutted, but then Id never use it, and where could I sell it-  i hadnt found this forum at the time. As I say I find toilets mecanicly challanging let alone ratchets and cars. I got a goody bag with all the lotions and potions, sponges, ice scrapers. so i was quite pleased.

kanujunkie

snap on stuff aint cheap but i reckon the guy got well and truly fleeced at £130, i think i paid £45ish +vat for mine but thats just for the ratchet, sockets pushed that over £400 mark inc vat
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slidey McSlideSlide (dave"unblock the drains

Replace a wiper

mend the full lock knocking

replace/ fix air deflector

Stop speaker rattles.

Still there proffesional and dont seem to mind me ringing them up nagging like a child all the time.

does anyone actually know how to stop the speaker rattling??? if so please let me know or pm me

so.simple

Quote from: "MR2Roadster"does anyone actually know how to stop the speaker rattling??? if so please let me know or pm me
I've made one of my doors rattle-free... I've found that most of the times, it is not the speaker itself that rattles, but the plastic vapour barrier. I've slid some pieces of soft packaging foam (I don't know how it is called in english, but it is of the kind that resembles the walls in a mental institute, not that I have seen one) underneath the vapour barrier, stretched it and re-attached it to the door; I also sticked some pieces of the said foam to the inside of the door trim panel using double sided tape. Now, I only get rattles from that door when the radio demands too much from the speakers. This reminds me... I have to take care of the other one.
Carlos

Slacey

Easiest way to stop the rattling is to Dynamat / flashing tape the door skin, inside of the door card and the speaker surround. See the Audio forum for more info.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

kanujunkie

[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

well, they had it 5 days, they put on a new roof,  which was nice of them, and suprise suprise, it still rattles badly. I am getting very fustrated.

Tags: