Team Moon Dual Stainless Exhaust for £360 inc delivery!

Started by Anonymous, February 16, 2005, 19:53

Anonymous

Just got my Team moon dual stainless exhaust for £360 including delivery (after conversion to £'s).  Not fitted it yet but it looks awesome inside the box.  Was delivered in a week.  Much cheaper than any of the others in this country and has excellent reviews if you read Spyderchat.com.  Just thought I would let you all know as this is a great alternative and you may well save some ££££££££'s in the process.  Ill post back once I have fitted it and let you know how it sounds and looks.

Anonymous

did you get any charge for importing it into the u.k???

Anonymous

no charge  s:D :D s:D

heathstimpson

Quote from: "ecswtrav"no charge  s:D :D s:D
Lucky $&*  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

GSB

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "ecswtrav"no charge  s:D :D s:D
Lucky $&*  s8) 8) s8)

Damn right... I looked at the TM before I had the H&S built, but 9 times out of ten your going to get hit for VAT and import duty on something as big as the TM, bringing the total closer to £450, which is a bit pricey for a pipe I'd then want to add decent tips to. Still, they do sound good, and at £350 its something of a bargain.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

markiii

of course the currenrt exchange rate hlps, it was closer to 1.5 when I bought the H&S
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

dieamond

TM is really cheap, but I never really liked the sound.... just too much "4 cylinders race engine" :p

I prefer the bass tone of a jap exhaust (or the Remus, but Remus is hardly too bass, and it produces vibrations when used with an aftermarket header)

How is the H&S ?
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Anonymous

Lets just say I knew that I wouldnt be charged any import tax.  If anybody wants one just pm me and Ill tell you how its done for that price its dead obvious really.  
The tips are very basic though I agree.  Gonna fit it tomorrow.

Anonymous

Well done, ecswtrav. You won't regret it.

Here's a thought, though. After you get the tips aligned to your satisfaction, finish any other exhaust work you've got left to do and by that point you might find that you're comfortable with the look. If not, then proceed with tips.

Anonymous

Just finished fitting the exhaust today.  Its taken literally the entire day and was a pain in the a?#@.    s:x :x s:x  Im no expert at this kind of thing clearly. It does sound awesome though.  Not too loud, but a great noise when you put your foot on the pedal and a nice bass tone when you start up.  Spotted though that the right tip is touching the bottom of the bumper so Im gonna have to make an adjusyment tomorrow.  B@?locks  s:? :? s:?  Ah well, guess it will be worth it.

kanujunkie

hi ecswtrav,

how did you fit it? did you remove the bumper or put it on ramps and just disconnect the cat?

i'm only asking as i've got to do this soon myself
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

kanujunkie, I decided to take off the rear bumper so I could do it on my driveway.  This took me a while as I didnt really know how it was fixed on.  You then have the problem of removing the orginial exhaust - this took even more time as just getting the thing out is tough as there is limited space to play with with the Cat in place.  Its also a pain getting the hangers removed from the rubber holders and removing the bolts - get some WD40.  
Then you have to get the new exhaust in - the dual means you have fun again fitting it in with the xtra pipe, and then you have to make sure it is level.  With the rear bumper off this is tough because you cant tell - get somebody to hold it on in place whilst you check the tips are level (I should have done this!) or maybe a spirit level?
In all just make sure you're patient.  It really is a frustrating job if you're not used to doing this kind of stuff.  Im back on it again tomorrow to level up the pipes.

kanujunkie

cheers
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Slacey

A tip to make the job easier is to remove the rear crossbar thingy behind the bumper - you will know what I mean when the bumper is off. It's only four bolts, and makes the job infinately easier.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

GSB

Quote from: "Slacey"A tip to make the job easier is to remove the rear crossbar thingy behind the bumper - you will know what I mean when the bumper is off. It's only four bolts, and makes the job infinately easier.

6 bolts, or 8 on the late 2004 onwards models with the revised rear bumper bar.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   Dont forget to put a support under the main cat if you do this though, as it normaly hangs from the bar. Also, you have to remove the cable fixings for the number plate lights, and 3rd O2 sensor. It only takes a few seconds to unclip these though, and its worth it, as  you get problem free access to the exhaust:

[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Tags: