Real World Unichip Performance Run

Started by Anonymous, February 20, 2005, 12:51

Anonymous

Well we are back - boy was that an early start!!

I met Les just outside the City centre and we convoyed to the meeting spot where we met DarthPaul and his blinding car. Loved it, the spats make it look so much more aggressive.

They set cameras etc up and off we went towards the Humber Bridge. After crossing the bridge we set off down the dual carriageway (A15) until we come to the first layby.

We had already come to the conclusion at this point that i was gaining on Les and DP was falling back altho only slightly.

Les and I were both running MapA (for the pre-mapped users).

We decided i would go first as i was the quickest, followed by Les and DP with the forward facing cam at the back.

We drove "spiritedly" at various speeds and there was not a lot of difference in things.

DP was slower but we think its the increased RR of the wheels making the difference. Les was next but that might have been due to the gearing ratio difference on the Pre Facelift?

Then we went around the roundabout at the Junction for the M18 and pulled over ready for the next run, we set off in the same order.

Off we go, i make it into second gear and the car decides its going to lose traction :S anyway i get traction and try to catch DP.....3rd gear and NO power :S

Power returned and i catch them intime for the 3rd run.

We are doing thee 3rd run and the same happened again in 3rd gear.

We make it to breakfast and we look at tape etc, very interesting to see just how quickly i was pulling away from Les.

I then decide i am going to run MapB - it did feel significantly quicker but traffic meant i couldn't benchmark it. Once more over the bridge, a quick goodbye and that was the end.

Was a good time and was very nice to meet DP and Les.

Hopefully they'll post some video's and pics shortly!

One thing i did notice is that MapB DRINKS petrol :S - after we said goodbye i changed back to MapA and tested it, it was fine so maybe the problem was stemming from the 95 RON i put in yesterday and the ECU trying to accomodate it at WOT

Anonymous

A couple of roc mini meet pic's

It was as damp as it looked!

Food stop

Yucky weather again

Tags: