Removing household paint

Started by MR2Blue, February 28, 2005, 09:47

MR2Blue

Could somebody tell me the best way to remove household gloss paint from the front bumper of my Mother in law's car?  She "rubbed" alongside the driveway gate and now has white gloss paint on her bumper.  Any advice would be gratefully received.

Darth Paul

T-Cut? White Spirit applied sparingly? Gentle application of Stanley knife blade?

Tem

Wax  s8) 8) s8)

Red, not gold, if you have Autoglym stuff.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Liz

Flash stain erasers - they are the billy watnots!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Might help if you said what the bumper is like.  Black plastic, painted, metal...?

Tem

Quote from: "Andy S"Might help if you said what the bumper is like.  Black plastic, painted, metal...?

Good point...I kinda assumed he's talking about a '2, being in General  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

MR2Blue

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "Andy S"Might help if you said what the bumper is like.  Black plastic, painted, metal...?

Good point...I kinda assumed he's talking about a '2, being in General  s:? :? s:?

Sorry, I've been on night shift, haven't had chance to get back and read your solutions.

Her bumper is on a Toyota Yaris so painted plastic.

Thanks for your help, I'll pass it on.

Anonymous

I can vouch for white spirit, after spilling a whole tin of yellow Hammerite onto my Dad's 3-week old dark blue truck a couple of years ago...   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

It's off all the paintwork now at least...

MR2Blue

Brilliant, thanks.

Tags: