2ZZ-GE ECU - which one gives highest RPM?

Started by Matasb, March 30, 2018, 11:24

Matasb

Hello there,

I've recently bought a 2zz-ge and 6-speed gearbox swap from 2005 Toyota Corolla T-Sport (UK spec) with ECU and it's original key (with immobiliser).

Engine and box (with LSD from MR-2 Roadster) is already in place. However I've came across the problem regarding ECU.

As far as I know, the 2zz ECU from Corolla T-Sport will not bring my MR-2 dashboart to life. Source: https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=58832.msg685210#msg685210

Which ECU should I be looking for in order to start the engine and power the dash? Also, which one get the most juice of the 2zz? Is it the early Celica from USA? Or any other Celica from UK also does the job and get access to higher redline?

There are so many versions of Celicas and other models with 2zz engine, but which year should I be looking to? Does it also has to have the original key?

Is there some sort of "holy bible of 2ZZ ECU" thing anywhere on the internet, that could be useful?

shnazzle

Corolla ecu is useless to us.

The one you want is the Celica gts. But you lose a lot, like immobiliser. Next best option is Celica 2001.
...neutiquam erro.

shnazzle

Having said that the 2zz really responds very well to a custom tune on a standalone ecu. Unleashes a fair bit of power
...neutiquam erro.

Matasb

Quote from: shnazzle on March 30, 2018, 11:56
Corolla ecu is useless to us.

The one you want is the Celica gts. But you lose a lot, like immobiliser. Next best option is Celica 2001.
Thanks for quick response, lads.

To be honest, immobiliser is the last thing I need :) All I need is as much factory performance and factory reliability as well. And the least amount of custom work also :)

Is it the Celica GTS, produced only in 2001? Or 2000-2001 (or something)? These ECUs have codes. Is there any possibility to identify the Celica GTS ECU by that code?

manos3003

Corolla ECU isn't useless, you can still run it if you are not having luck getting a JDM Celica ECU. You just have to keep the MR2 ECU to power dash and other thingies :)

The JDM ECU is the one that gives you lower VVL (lift) engagement as well as higher rev limiter. Not super different, but you know, every little helps!
I can't recall a day when I drove my MR2 and it didn't put a smile on my face
<strike>2000 Spectra Blue Mica - 2ZZ-GE gone, but not forgotten</strike>
2002 Spectra Blue Mica K20A2 coming up

Tags: