Hi, New Member Needs Help!!

Started by Anonymous, March 1, 2005, 14:20

Anonymous

Hi, I`ve Just Brought a 2001 Roadster SMT With Black Leather But I Need Some Help! Here We Go!

a) What Would Be the Best Way To Get More Power Out Of My Ride Without a Supercharger, Turbo Or Nitrous??

b) Can you Fit 18"s To A Roadster??

c) Whats The Best Exhaust System Available Without Spending Lots Of Cash??

Thanks!
Chris

Anonymous

Chris, I feel the SEARCH feature is going to be politely suggested  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

A) buy Bigun007's chip and harness?

B) no 18" are too big "you'd need elastic bands as tyres" has previously been quoted

C) TTE or H&S seem to be the flavour on here. Check to see if there is GB going

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your 2

Anonymous

Quote from: "DavidM"A) buy Bigun007's chip and harness?

165bhp and 140lbft out the box. Plug and play with no cuttung of wires needed.

That's an increase of 27bhp and 35lb ft torque.

PM me if you are intested  s:) :) s:)

PS the rolling road figures are also in the For Sale section and also the performance section.

THEMOSS

Why do you want more power? You've only just got the thing! Spend some months learning to enjoy the more than adequate 140bhp you have. First upgrade should be tyres every time......
Lotus Elise Sport 160

Anonymous

NOOO......you want more power....it jsut seems to free the engine from its restraints!

THEMOSS

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Lotus Elise Sport 160

Anonymous

Whats this Bigun007's chip and harness? Sounds good   s:D :D s:D  

Any more info.......price, ease of fit, reliability, warrenty etc. and how does it compare to the others available?

Andy

Tem

Check the Unichip threads in the Performance (and Buy&Sell) area.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "AndyR"Whats this Bigun007's chip and harness? Sounds good   s:D :D s:D  

Any more info.......price, ease of fit, reliability, warrenty etc. and how does it compare to the others available?

Andy

Power up from 138bhp to 165 and torque from 105lb ft to 140.

I am looking for £450.

The harness means no cutting of wires so warranty is NOT void and also if you crash it can be removed without trace.....if you know what i mean. The harness was a one time deal and will never be replicated (MR2ROC GB). Let me know if you are interested matey.

Liz

Quote from: "bigun007"The harness means no cutting of wires so warranty is NOT void and also if you crash it can be removed without trace.....if you know what i mean.

Just  noticed this, hope that you are not suggesting that you don't tell your insurance company about modding the car   s:? :? s:?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

GSB

Quote from: "bigun007"The harness means no cutting of wires so warranty is NOT void and also if you crash it can be removed without trace.....if you know what i mean.

Just to add a smidgen of accuracy to this statement. There is no cutting of wires involved, but wires cut or not, if you blow your engine up and your dealer thinks you have modified the ECU, then they aren't going to entertain your warranty claim... Of course, they'll have a hard time finding out if you've removed it, and the plug and play harness will leave no sign it was ever there, but that is down to you. Its a safe bet that your warranty will most definitely be affected by chipping your car.

Regarding easy removal when you crash. If you still have the use of your limbs, and the police havent confiscated the wreckage and arrested you, then thats probably true. But its not legal, your insurance will be void and that alone carries quite severe penalties, of course thats going to be the least of your worries if you have caused death or injury, and frankly, if you were to hit me and not be insured due to fitment of an undeclared modification, then a short spell of eating weetabix through a straw would be assured...  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Tags: