I'M KEEPING MY MR2!!!!

Started by THEMOSS, March 3, 2005, 23:05

THEMOSS

I haven't really been on the site for about 5 months. I've been looking around at other cars, planning on getting rid of the '2, and kind of neglected it...  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Well, after months of looking at VX220's, Elises, and even Caterham's, i can happily say i am keeping the '2! This car is just awesome, and i learn something new about the way it behaves every day. Every journey is an event. I'm not one for racing and all that rubbish, but i've made a mockery of a few 40k machines lately,  which just reminds me how good a well driven '2 can be (as this months Evo mag describes...)

It's very easy to become obsessed with 0-60 times, bhp figures etc, but if there's something i've learnt over the years it's that most people who own 'fast' cars can't drive them for toffee! Straight line speed can be soooooo boring...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

So, i am keeping the '2! Am gonna spend some money, most important is gutting the pre-cats (haven't got a clue how to do it, so i'm up a certain creek at the moment, worrying with nearly 50k on the clock  s:( :( s:(  ). Unichip, H&S zorst, change of alloys etc, all in the pipeline..

What a car! Glad to be back!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Lotus Elise Sport 160

Anonymous

Yay!   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

I gutted my precats myself. Not too hard. The guide Grant put on here was very useful. Should be easy to find with a search.

kanujunkie

a fine choice Sir!  s:D :D s:D
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

heathstimpson

Exactly my conclusion; have looked at updating and decided to keep and spend more dosh on it  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  As a allround value for money sports car experience you just cannot beat it  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Comer

I'm thinking of keeping mine too.  It costs £850 to ship to Sydney   s:D :D s:D    But there will be some import taxes   s:( :( s:(
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

kanujunkie

now thats not bad, gotta be worth keeping her for that price
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

GSB

Also, I think that it could be your only oppurtunity to import it as well. I dont think the Aussies can import any car under 15 years old except in exeptional circumstances, namely that they owned and used the car broad for a considerable amount of time... Plus, you'll have the only manual gearbox mk3 in australia! (They only get the SMT, IIRC)
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Comer"I'm thinking of keeping mine too.  It costs £850 to ship to Sydney   s:D :D s:D    But there will be some import taxes   s:( :( s:(
For that sort of money you have got to keep her  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  I know if I decide to emigrate along with you, which is seriously been looked at presently, then I will take mine over  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: