Nicer looking engine - easily

Started by mark1307, May 24, 2018, 10:38

Ardent

You could let the creative juices flow and let rip with some coloured anodized ones. :)

Smithy

Now that's a great idea. Anywhere good to look for such things?
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

Snelbaard

Still room for improvement

Follow me on instagram for all my Spyder products @snelbaard

Petrus

Quote from: Snelbaard on March 28, 2020, 18:37Still room for improvement

Looks véry neat.
Read the comments on the plastic camcovercover?

Ardent

Quote from: Snelbaard on March 28, 2020, 18:37Still room for improvement

Neat and tidy.
I like that. A lot.

Zxrob

Quote from: Ardent on March 25, 2020, 16:43You could let the creative juices flow and let rip with some coloured anodized ones. :)

Please dont advise that

Anodized colored bolts on are regarded as "gixxer boy" tat in the motorcycle world

Rob
Adventure before dementia 😁

Ardent

Not being a motorbikeist I wouldn't know.

Zxrob

Quote from: Ardent on March 28, 2020, 21:07Not being a motorbikeist I wouldn't know.

You dont have to be to realise putting anodized colored bolts on a car or bike look cheap shit   :o  ;)

Rob

Ardent

Think others on here might view things differently.
Me being Mr. Vanilla. I don't have to worry about such things.

Zxrob

Hey, we are all individuals,each to there own

Rob

Snelbaard

QuoteLooks véry neat.

It might be a bit cheesy but I have the Lotus one now. Looks a bit tidier still.
Follow me on instagram for all my Spyder products @snelbaard

Petrus

Quote from: Snelbaard on March 28, 2020, 21:56
QuoteLooks véry neat.

It might be a bit cheesy but I have the Lotus one now. Looks a bit tidier still.

Yes it is, yes it would.

I am a bit @n@l about een vlag die de lading niet dekt. I´d happily put a Yamaha sticker on the cover though; thát would be spot on cool imo.

Smithy

Nice little job to do if you have time on your hands. they polish up nicely with a bit of elbow grease. 
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

Beachbum957

A simple solution to the plastic plugs is to replace them with the short stud for the OEM cover and OEM acorn nuts.  Looks stock and they are cheap.  2 of each are needed

Studs 92122-80612
Acorn Nut 90176-06023

Then follow Carolyns advice
Quote from: Carolyn on March 25, 2020, 15:04There's a couple of little nipples on the cover that prevent the heads seating nicely.  I take a Stanley knife blade to them.

Smithy

03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

Petrus

Fínally swapped out the rusty bolts on the heat shield!!!!

Foto in https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?msg=821995

Petrus

Quote from: mr2noob on April 20, 2020, 18:44my damn cat has completely scratched up my front bonnet

On my car the cats were at the báck.... :o

Nah, seriously;

Nah, sériously, seriously; I have cat ánd dog scratches. Cat on the front and rear, dog on the doors, even ínside:

I see it as liberating; no more worries about scratches  ;D

Smithy

Got some nice little bolts to finish off the bumper re fit.
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

Petrus

Quote from: Smithy on April 21, 2020, 21:11Got some nice little bolts to finish off the bumper re fit.

Neat screws!
It´s screwing with me though. Not being allowed out AT ALL for 6 , SÍX! weeks now is propperly messing with this semi-nomad.
Silly things on the car are growing into OCD.
Found a source for lightweight racing fasteners, including the coolest lightened aluminium bolts looking like swiss cheese.

Will have a look in the engine bay and write some sizes down.
First the cover of the cover...

Petrus

Nah, not going to replace more fasteners. It is silly expensive and doing some, others not is not going to do much imo.

Did drop off the not so bello matt black plastic embellezador. Samuel totally understood what I wanted. Fingers crossed he can make it work. It´s a simple idea and simple to explain but not as simple to dó. Heck, it may not even look how I imagine  :-[

Tags: