Anyone in Maidstone/Northants who'll let me fiddle with.....

Started by proeliator2001, March 6, 2005, 18:04

proeliator2001

.......their gearbox?

I'm not at all sure my gearbox should be this notchy and want to find a run in '2 to see what they feel like.  I've read that people are having some trouble with it but I sometimes have to double de-clutch to get it in 1st when sat still and most other gears are really baulky.

So, wondered if anyone was in the Maidstone area during Sun night to Thursday evening (for the next 2 weeks) or in the Northants area and fancied a "you try mine and I'll try yours" fiddle with the gearbox to see if I have a bad one or just a "characteristic" box?
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

Anonymous

Quote from: "proeliator2001".......their gearbox?
sometimes have to double de-clutch to get it in 1st when sat still and most other gears are really baulky.

sounds rubbish, I'll PM you, may be able to help

Anonymous

Must confess, I have been meaning to post a topic on this for a couple of weeks.

My 2 from day one had a very tight and notchy gear-change. She has now done 1600km and is still no better. When cold, I have to be very careful and a slight blip on the gas when changing down is essential, otherwise a minor 'grate'. When warm, it is much better, but I have to be careful, and change gear much slower than I would normally.

Nathan

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Agni"Must confess, I have been meaning to post a topic on this for a couple of weeks.

My 2 from day one had a very tight and notchy gear-change. She has now done 1600km and is still no better. When cold, I have to be very careful and a slight blip on the gas when changing down is essential, otherwise a minor 'grate'. When warm, it is much better, but I have to be careful, and change gear much slower than I would normally.

Nathan
Doesn't sound right to me at all. Get it back to Mr T's under warrenty as my gearbox is fine.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Chris

I'm not far from maidstone, but wouldn't be of much use for comparison as I have the relatively simple smt!  However my 1st '2 was a manual and I never had any problems like that, so i'd say it wasn't quite right...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tags: