Some pics from the Hass turbo install

Started by Slacey, March 8, 2005, 07:55

Anonymous

Nice pics, Sean.

Whereabouts in the car have you mounted the Profec and the boost gauge?

Slacey

Quote from: "ekona"Nice pics, Sean.

Errr... I haven't actually got either in yet  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I'm working on the Profec harnesses tonight - thay ALL need extending, oh joy! Evidently Greddy assume that the Profec will be installed mostly in front engined cars, so the harnesses are ridiculously short! Hopefully that will be in at the weekend, and I'm mounting it in the Navpod.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"I'm working on the Profec harnesses tonight - thay ALL need extending, oh joy!

Terrific, I look forward to doing that as well then...   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Does the Profec come with some kind of 'stand', so it could (for example) be mounted using sticky-pads on the flat area just in front of the cubby-hole (or Navpod in your case)?

Slacey

Quote from: "ekona"Does the Profec come with some kind of 'stand', so it could (for example) be mounted using sticky-pads on the flat area just in front of the cubby-hole (or Navpod in your case)?
Yes it does - it clips onto an adjustable mount that swivels the screen up and down. There is even some stick pad for the base in the box as well  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I'll be screwing it securely to the base of the Navpod though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "John Woodward"When do you reckon it will be finished Sean?
Sorry John I missed your question too!

The car is actually up and running right now. The high idle problem that I suspected was a vacuum leak was confirmed as likely by Jay Hass, and mysteriously has dissapeared tonight anyway - It ran like a beauty on the way home!

The suspected minor oil leak will be checked out in a few minutes, I don't need the car now until Friday so I will get it up on the ramps and take a look.

So, I will have to arrange a meet soon for it's public unveiling  s:) :) s:)

No worries Sean!
  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I am kinda getting curious about this all now. I wasn't that bothered about reading the posts of mods like this cos it was something I know and was pretty sure I wasn't going to do, so the posts were kinda irrelevant. I have to say, I opened up this thread by accident!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

BUT, once I saw the pictures and the install and so on, I kinda got into reading about what you were doing and I have to say, its impressive!

So, whats the likely final power and torque output? And what kind of effect do you reckon its going to have on the various times and so on....and how much different to any other of the turbo installs is this (basically, why this one?)?.........

Sorry for all the questions. I should do a search to see if you have answered all of this, but I am kinda getting more and more curious about this now..............

Cool............  s8) 8) s8)

Slacey

No problem on the questions John!

As for why I chose the Hass, well it to me seemed the best kit out there. It was initially between SF Power and Hass, but SF pretty much dropped out of the equation due to their terrible service and the associated horror stories from other forums, although they seem to be getting back on their feet a little now.
Hass also appealed as they had Jon Volk on board - not a name a lot of you will know, but very highly respected in the Spyder world and one of the first to turbocharge a Roadster. Another thing that makes me glad I chose this one is access - if you look at the engine bay of a PE kitted car, you can barely see daylight and access to components looks to be a bit of a nightmare, whereas with the Hass... look at all that room! There isn't a single nut, bolt or bit you can't get to from the topside of the bay, which makes maintenance and inspections a breeze.

As for power figures, I will know for certain soon as it will be on a dyno when it's running 100%, but out of the box we are looking at 210rwhp and a torque figure that almost matches  s:) :) s:)  
Once the Profec is in to control boost, well - we'll have to see then  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Performance times will obviously improve (although by how much I'm not sure at the moment) but I will get some G-Tech results soon.

Any more questions, feel free to ask!

markiii

for anyone interested one fo teh things that appealed to me when ordering mine is that there seems to be a couple of things in common with teh TTE design, Notably the positioning of the 02 sensors and teh intercooler/scoop solution.

This gave me even more confidence in what they have done.

Just waiting for mine to arrive now  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"No problem on the questions John!

As for why I chose the Hass, well it to me seemed the best kit out there. It was initially between SF Power and Hass, but SF pretty much dropped out of the equation due to their terrible service and the associated horror stories from other forums, although they seem to be getting back on their feet a little now.
Hass also appealed as they had Jon Volk on board - not a name a lot of you will know, but very highly respected in the Spyder world and one of the first to turbocharge a Roadster. Another thing that makes me glad I chose this one is access - if you look at the engine bay of a PE kitted car, you can barely see daylight and access to components looks to be a bit of a nightmare, whereas with the Hass... look at all that room! There isn't a single nut, bolt or bit you can't get to from the topside of the bay, which makes maintenance and inspections a breeze.

As for power figures, I will know for certain soon as it will be on a dyno when it's running 100%, but out of the box we are looking at 210rwhp and a torque figure that almost matches  s:) :) s:)  
Once the Profec is in to control boost, well - we'll have to see then  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Performance times will obviously improve (although by how much I'm not sure at the moment) but I will get some G-Tech results soon.

Any more questions, feel free to ask!

Good stuff Sean!

Are these kits built to order and do you know how many people have them on their 2's yet? Just wondered if you had had much feedback from other users?

210rwhp is pretty impressive I have to say! How come the TTE is lower output, yet is more expensive? Why would anyone go for that option if something like the Hass or the PE can do such a much better job?

Also, how old is your car? Are you planning on keeping it for a while cos I was wondering what all these mods would do to resale value? I guess the turbo kit you have would be maybe at least £3000? I was wondering if any of that would be put onto the value of the car if you wanted to sell? Also, if you did sell, would you return the car to stock or advertised as modded?

I am just curious as I don't really know much about this side of things........sorry to bombard you with questions............  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

markiii

TTE V Hass is basically going to come down to a warranty perspective, or countries like Finland that need certification of Germany that require TUV approval, neither of which teh Hass has got.

Also if TTE could have their turbo sold as an option on a new car, then Insurance would be much easier

So far I estimate approx 10 in teh US, 4 sold to teh UK of which Seans is the first known install, and one is a amystery. And 1 in Italy which Jay is flying in to install this weekend.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

Quote from: "markiii"And 1 in Italy which Jay is flying in to install this weekend.

Now that's service  s:) :) s:)

Sean - I'm remarkably jealous  s;) ;) s;)  If there's another meet up your way and you're handing out passenger rides, I'll definitely make the trip up there  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Slacey

To answer a couple of the questions above, my car is an '02 with warranty until August, and yes I plan on keeping the car indefinately. I'd like to be able to buy another car in a couple of years time and keep the '2 as a fun / project car. As for the resale? Hey, you don't get into this game as far as I have if you want to make money  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
You need to treat it as a hobby rather than an investment.

Aaron - passenger rides are guaranteed, I'm sure in the summer there will be something or other down your way I will attend  s:) :) s:)

mph

Quote from: "ekona"Nice pics, Sean.

Maybe worth considering making up a blanking board for the centre console to custom fit everything. SteveJ did this on his own car and made one for me to house three gauges. Pretty easy to achieve and has very good, clean results.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

goddamn!! was well resigned to be happy with what I got, but this thread!!! sheesh!!
couple more Q's for you: -
1. is there anything else you have to spend modifying before installing the turbo, what are the necessities i.e. uprated suspension/clutch etc? I mean I'm sure yours was already prepped up, but mine's still in basic mode, apart from TTE front and rear braces, so would be good to know a definitive list of all you need, over and above basic, then someone like me can go search for costs and see if it's viable (phew, long Q!)
2. what do you think the approx cost will be/is for the kit, delivered (to the layman)?
3. that exhaust system, what sort of sound is it giving? is there an option on volume levels and size of exhaust pipe?

sorry if these are dumb questions, but I'm v interested
cheers mate
Steve

markiii

everything that you need is included in the kit.

everything you want may not.

budget for an upgraded clutch at some point for when teh stocker gives out.

other than that your good to go.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"So far I estimate approx 10 in the US, 4 sold to the UK of which Seans is the first known install, and one is a amystery. And 1 in Italy which Jay is flying in to install this weekend.

Also, one in Germany, one in France and with mine being shipped out this week (hopefully), there'll soon be one in Sweden aswell   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "ekona"
Quote from: "Slacey"I'm working on the Profec harnesses tonight - thay ALL need extending, oh joy!

Terrific, I look forward to doing that as well then...   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Does the Profec come with some kind of 'stand', so it could (for example) be mounted using sticky-pads on the flat area just in front of the cubby-hole (or Navpod in your case)?

I still think the best place to mount it is in the navpod. A navpod isn't expensive and can be ordered from japanparts or through 'mr-s passion'. It looks nice (just look at the pic from perry190's interior) and unless you want a DVD screen in there, it's the simplest solution.

Tags: