My first post...

Started by Anonymous, March 10, 2005, 09:57

Anonymous

Hello folks,

My first post...

Picking up my first 2 this weekend (2002 from dealer), been searching the many useful hints and tips on this site (very useful) and deciding on my first mods!

Already ordered a 30mm lowering kit, lockwood door sils, and got a guy to colour key the side vents. Would now like to order some clear side indicators.

I have found plenty of great info on the pro's and con's of the units also on how to fit them... but i cant seem to find any info on the best place to order them from? (except Fensport- but when i called them they told me they don't stock them!)

Thanks in advance folks... probably an easy one for you!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Mat.B"Hello folks,

My first post...

Picking up my first 2 this weekend (2002 from dealer), been searching the many useful hints and tips on this site (very useful) and deciding on my first mods!

Already ordered a 30mm lowering kit, lockwood door sils, and got a guy to colour key the side vents. Would now like to order some clear side indicators.

I have found plenty of great info on the pro's and con's of the units also on how to fit them... but i cant seem to find any info on the best place to order them from? (except Fensport- but when i called them they told me they don't stock them!)

Thanks in advance folks... probably an easy one for you!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Your Toyota dealer! Welcome, btw. Another Yorkshire lad...  s:D :D s:D

Liz

Hi and welcome  s:) :) s:)  ,

These lights also come up on ebay quite often - none there at the moment though, had a look for you.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Thanks Liz, and hello fellow yorks' man!

kanujunkie

Hiya Mat,

welcome to the loony bin
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Welcome!

Anonymous

Alreet!

Liz

Looks like you found them on ebay Matt  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I was just going to leave you a message saying thanks for the advice! the guy selling them only lives 15mins away also- picking them up tomorrow night.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Liz

Glad to be of help - just shows I spend too much time on the internet   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Not sure about the description - rarest of the rare - available at any Toyota dealer AFAIK!!

Anonymous

Yer they were available from mine but they wanted £35 and it would be up 10 working days for delivery... losers!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Hi guys, I am also a newbie 2 owner ... well I will be on Saturday when I go pick her up. All I can do for now is stare at the photo's and dribble.

After much research - mainly on this excellent site - it appears the model I am buying has the following spec..

03 Facelift
Lagoon Blue
2 tone blue leather seats (would this have been the custom leather optional extra?)
TTE Twin exhaust
TTE(?) Chrome pack inc roll bar
TRD? TTE? Body kit

Many plans for further ahem 'enhancements' - I'm sure you understand.

Any comments, anything I have missed please?
Anything I should look out for when I do a final check on picking the little beauty up?

Thanks - some pics....

Jap GT300

Hi,

You're right about your mods.  They seem to be the custom leather seats, it is a TTE Roll Bar and the bodykit (which is missing the front) is the dealers one available throughout europe although I think TTE supply them

SimonC_Here

Get them to sort the "ears" on the folded down hood before you take it.

Simon

Anonymous

Missing? What's missing - that got my attention!!

This is not from a Toyota Dealer - I noticed the ears after reading an article on how to sort it out, looks like I can do it myself.

I thought I would take it over to my local Toyota Dealer and get them to run their free visual inspection over it for me also. Worthwhile or not?

Anonymous

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Get them to sort the "ears" on the folded down hood before you take it.

Simon

I've never seen a hood folded down that badly. It's more of a "spoiler" than "ears"  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "DavidM"
Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Get them to sort the "ears" on the folded down hood before you take it.

Simon

I've never seen a hood folded down that badly. It's more of a "spoiler" than "ears"  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Well I didn't want to say.   s:) :) s:)  

The bodykit usually comes with a front lip as well I think. There is a topic in the aperance forum about all the body kits.

Simon

Darth Paul

These bits are 'missing'.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   Nice car, btw.

Anonymous

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to check the front hasn't had a prang then. I assume the body kit would always include the front trim .. i.e. you cannot just opt for side and rear kit separately?

Darth Paul

They CAN be bought separately – bigun007 has just the rears.

Anonymous

Love the seats.

Nice car - Can't wait for summer.

kanujunkie

aaahhhh i miss my blue 2 now, your gonna love it, enjoy
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Thanks all. I will soon be pestering with many more questions no doubt.

Only 2 days to go now  s:P :P s:P  ... I've been going mad this week waiting for it. I've been riding a Vespa for the last 18 months!

kanujunkie

A vespa to an MR2, i hate to see your next upgrade  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

355?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Only two more sleepless nights to go  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: