Help sending the hardtop, please!

Started by spynish, March 14, 2005, 15:51

spynish

Hi again!

I may need to send a hardtop from England to Spain, but I still don't know how to do it.

Can anybody tell the needed wooden box size to package it?
I don't even know the dimensions of the hardtop.

Another question, do you Know any company that can pick it up and package it? and how much will it cost?
If you know any company I can call to do this please let me know.

Thank you all!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Liz

Hey we're not going to do it all for you   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  please see the end of this thread,

m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight= m

which included this link:   m http://www.parcel2go.com/ m

DHL must have depots in Spain that you can ask at???

I Have got to ask why you earth you would want a hardtop in Spain  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

spynish

Hi, thanks!

I actually had read that thread, but DHL doesn´t package the whole think, as far as I'm concern.

I can't see the dimensions anywhere, also. I have seen that the weight is 25 kg, but...

Another Post?

Thank you!

Anonymous

it rains in spain...

Anonymous

w www.gsgcargo.com w  will sort you out - i just used them.

They'll even pack it for you!

spynish

I forgot it!

The top is just a matter of not worrying about the soft top when parked outside! Envyous people, like everywhere I suppose...

spynish

Thank you for your help!

Still have to know the size of the box...   s:D :D s:D

Liz

Have just been outside and measure the hardtop, you will have to do your own conversion cos I don't do metric  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Theses are the minimum dimensions of the box that you will need, obviously will need a bit bigger to accommodate the packing to get there in one bit.  

Height - 14"
Width -  55"
Length - 51"

HTH

Quote from: "odub"it rains in spain...

Really!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz"
Quote from: "odub"it rains in spain...

Really!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
oh yes

Mainly on the, no never mind.

spynish

Thank you very much Liz!

I'm very greatful!!!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tem

Have you asked Japanparts about a new one. Cheap used hardtop from eBay shipped to Finland and getting the fixing kit from Toyota ends up very close to what Japanparts charges for a new one with every bolt you need to install it...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Jap GT300

Fiber Images also sell cheap replicas from the US

spynish

Hi Tem!

Do you know how much is the shipment of the hardtop?
I mean it's 1570 Euros plus shipment, isn't it?

I may have everything for around 1350 Euros, including shipment and the fixing kit. I had estimated at least 600 Euros cheaper. And I can keep this 600 Euros for other mods!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Another think is that my car is a 2000 model and the used hardtop is a 2001, so I think the paint won't be much different. What do you think?

Anonymous

Quote from: "spynish"Hi Tem! Another think is that my car is a 2000 model and the used hardtop is a 2001, so I think the paint won't be much different. What do you think?

I think your car colour will have faded faster than the hardtop colour due to the sun you have but we don't.

Tem

Quote from: "spynish"Do you know how much is the shipment of the hardtop?

Sorry, I don't have the quote anymore  s:? :? s:?

About the fading...I bought the Toyota bodykit last summer and it was prepainted red. My '2 is a 2000 and I don't have a garage, so it's always outdoors. I can't tell a color difference between the body and the lips.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"

About the fading...I bought the Toyota bodykit last summer and it was prepainted red. My '2 is a 2000 and I don't have a garage, so it's always outdoors. I can't tell a color difference between the body and the lips.

Tem, I think it's slightly sunnier in Alicante  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tem

Quote from: "DavidM"
Quote from: "Tem"

Tem, I think it's slightly sunnier in Alicante  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I'm sure it is  s;) ;) s;)

What I was trying to say was, that if my cars paintwork hasn't changed at all during 5 years, then maybe the difference between spanish 2000 car and UK 2001 hardtop won't be that big either  s8) 8) s8)

Tags: