A sign of impending Pre-Cat Doom?

Started by Anonymous, March 15, 2005, 09:06

Anonymous

Is this a sign if impending doom?

Tem

Looks more like salt to me...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

looks more like salt to me too.

I'd look at for larger hard lumps, larger as in slightly larger than a grain of salt (no pun intended), slightly off white solid colour, and very hard.

Anonymous

Phew!!

Just as there was so much of it and the car has been washed since they last gritted the roads i was quite worried to say the least!!

Cheers lads :thumbsup:

Anonymous

Your best bet is to take the O2 sensors out and have a damn good look around inside.

You've still got plenty of warranty though, so I shouldn't worry too much.

Anonymous

Yeah i'll do that tomorrow i think, then if there is a prblem they can fix it when i am on holiday  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

bigun - far as I can tell, the only warning you'd ever get is the "oil" light on the dash. And once that goes on, it's all over.

MRMike

Don't want to worry you...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... t&start=25 m
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Gulp.........
At that point was it the pre-cat material?

Here is a pi of mike's for any lazy buggers  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

Stop worrying, get your O2's out tomorrow, and then if there is a problem, make use of that warranty we pay so much for.  Look on the bright side... it can be fixed.

Anonymous

Bigun, having compared Mike's pic with your pic then it's either your pre-cats or your 2's doing drugs  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Having said that, I hope it's just salt , fingers crossed for you.

MRMike

It looks very like mine..but it could well be just salt.  Mine went like that AFTER i had the precat changed, I think it was the remnants of the cat working its way through the engine.  As yours isn't showing any oil loss, performance problems it might well be okay.  Get checking them there cats boyo!!
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Tags: