Enlighten Me

Started by Anonymous, March 23, 2005, 04:15

Anonymous

I'm new here, so please humor me.  It seems like most of the members are Brits (or at least non-Yanks) and I was wondering how much (on average) you spend or have spent on car mods and upgrades?  It appears to be a lot.  Comments?

Slacey

Don't get me started on mine - from new I have spent in the region of £6000 including the turbo conversion!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

kanujunkie

this is my first modded car but i'm guessing around the £4k mark, oh god wish you hadn't made me think about that  s:? :? s:?  

ya bugger  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

So far about £80 and I am really trying hard to keep it that way. Honest guv   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Around 200 quid on the stereo and 5 pounds on a switch for the aerial   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Oops, and something on the springs...can't remember how much as they were fitted when I picked it up. Around 300 quid? So about £505 in total.

After spending too much on my Scoob which I had before the '2, decided to ease off a little.

Problem is, I'm already thinking about changing the whole car and it's only a year old  s:( :( s:(

Darth Paul

3 - 3.5K. That's over two cars though – I'm on my second '2.  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

erm.. ( does mental arithmetic) about £700.  That includes the hardtop though    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Thanks for the enlightenment.  I guess I'm a lightweight... but does that put me ahead of or behind the game?

Anonymous

I'm well over £6K now...   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

It'll be worth it... I hope.   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Not saying in case someone close by looks and sees  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

probably around 4,000 but that includes a new engine.

Jap GT300

I'm currently on £14,637.93  I have the receipts to prove it too   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s8) 8) s8)    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:( :( s:(  

I'm not sure if I should be proud of that although I have had to mod my car twice over.

GSB

Quote from: "Jap GT300"I'm currently on £14,637.93  I have the receipts to prove it too   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s8) 8) s8)    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:( :( s:(  

I'm not sure if I should be proud of that although I have had to mod my car twice over.

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Wow...

Thanks for that Adam, I was feeling rather despondanant about the £3000 that I'd spent on mine...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Jap GT300

That is really bad when the car only cost £2973 in the first place

MRMike

I just spent £950 on an Injen exhaust for the 350..have it in the front living room.  Looks absolutely stunning! Completely worth it!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I think i must have spent nigh on 3k on the MR2
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Liz

Just had a check through my receipts, about £3000, opps!!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

This really is a sore subject to touch on, and i do cringe when i think of the total and what i could of bought instead, but........ thanks to Adam i feel better.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   And i'm sure when i part it all out soon, i'll have even more pleasure as i'm offered less than half the original purchase price for the parts.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Will i learn.......NEVER   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Guys (and ladies) - don't get me wrong, cause I love this little car.  I grew up with MG & Triumph & Fiat sports cars that pale in comparison to this little gem - I love my Spyder, but.... you guys are LOONEY!!  Don't any of you have mortgages?  Kids in school?  Alimony payments?  Do you eat?  Maybe I'm just jealous - put me on your list when you decide to dump the old "parts" and move on - I want to be 1st in line!

heathstimpson

Oooops, just added up and it comes to a smidge under 3K.   s:? :? s:?  You don't realise how much your spending when your having fun  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Don't tell the missus now  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

roger

I wish we hadn't started this, quick mental add up comes to just under £1500. Biggest cost was Unichip + programming.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tags: