Marmite headlights...

Started by Call the midlife!, January 7, 2019, 10:32

Call the midlife!

Came across this last night by accident, not my cup of tea but might appeal to others.
Had to smile at the rear lights though...
https://youtu.be/RCoikmge5Lo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

jvanzyl

hmmm... seem nice. certainly an update.

I think it will come down to how well they are done? i.e. is the DRL the exact same distance from the edge the whole way round? Or is it wandering all over the place, added to this - it appears that they have TWO project lenses in there? And with the PFL  - what does that mean vs the FL with main bean and full beam control...

Not that I'm expecting you to have the answers, but I guess time will tell!

Call the midlife!

Quote from: jvanzyl on January  7, 2019, 14:30

I think it will come down to how well they are done? i.e. is the DRL the exact same distance from the edge the whole way round? Or is it wandering all over the place, added to this - it appears that they have TWO project lenses in there? And with the PFL  - what does that mean vs the FL with main bean and full beam control...

I only gave it the one, quick watch, the juxtaposition with the new headlights and PFl rears made me laugh.

jvanzyl

Yeah I went and had a look at the website.
It's great that someone is actually trying to do it, it's just the very high price....
They don't look half bad really... Just don't have a spare 1200 laying about...

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Call the midlife!

Quote from: jvanzyl on January  7, 2019, 19:49
Yeah I went and had a look at the website.
It's great that someone is actually trying to do it, it's just the very high price....
They don't look half bad really... Just don't have a spare 1200 laying about...

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
Plus import tax and VAT..

StuC

Quote from: jvanzyl on January  7, 2019, 14:30

Kinda with you there John, in terms of the quality.

I think if the rears followed a similar theme to the fronts then they could look pretty smart. There was a VW with something similar set up. Think it was a golf or a polo. Looks similar to below....
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

StuC

I had a go at trying to do something myself a while back. It's surprisingly hard to get LED's to do what you want them too!! Lol

I soon realised that where I started from wanting a simple light marker in the car, turned into wanting DRL intensity lamps. I wasn't able to get the illumination necessary, within the confines of the PFL lamp reflector geometry.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Call the midlife!

Quote from: StuC on January  7, 2019, 23:22
I had a go at trying to do something myself a while back. It's surprisingly hard to get LED's to do what you want them too!! Lol

I soon realised that where I started from wanting a simple light marker in the car, turned into wanting DRL intensity lamps. I wasn't able to get the illumination necessary, within the confines of the PFL lamp reflector geometry.
Good effort regardless.[emoji1303]

BahnStormer

Those would  the LED could just be a little more discreet... and seems a shame to do all the work of integrating the indicators, etc... and then leaving the indicator unit in place :(

I really like Lee's effort on his rear lights....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq0FT0C6kbM

Not sure a fan of his headlights... I just wish there was toned down (and cheaper!!) version of the HIDRETROFITKIT.COM ones...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=sdO2bZXInsk
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Ozzy

They look nice but waaay overpriced that it's ridiculous. Also the indicators don't flow like the newer modern ones  :-\ And by adjustable, I think it means the beams can be adjusted vertical and horizontal like stock headlights. Most aftermarket ones don't.

I'm actually going to do the same sort of thing when I get round too it as I have some spare sequential LED strips laying about from previous projects. Previously fitted RGB controllable lights but might fit some RGB rings like StuC aswell, so I can have a cleaner look and switch between them for different looks/styles. Not to everyone's taste but I like them and some inspiration from a Porsche Cayman.

CrazySX

I have seen these on Instagram, they look a lot nicer in the pics they advertise. I spoke to the guy and told him not to expect too many sales considering the car sell for about 6k max lol!

I want to do something similar with my spare set. Lee did a good job on his, and is planning another set too. Should be some interesting ideas coming out this year :)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Tags: