It's going to rain

Started by mrsmr2, March 24, 2005, 15:34

mrsmr2

I've been sitting here all day watching the blue sky and imagining driving the 110 miles home with the roof down.

In the last ten minutes the sky has darkened and, since starting this post, it's started to chuck it down.

And I mean strong winds and heavy rain - absolutely no chance for top down antics now   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

And, I was up to 170 miles without putting the roof up as well (apart from overnight).

Jason
04 Astral Black, hard top, air con, black leather, Corky\'s MSMB; FSB;  RMB; RLCB, empty exhaust manifold, cg-lock.  Warranty: new wheels @ 20k, new pads and discs @ 21k, new wheels @ 26.4k

kanujunkie

i got caught with the roof down last year on the M4, as long as you have the windows up, you wont get wet, just dont stop in it though  s:? :? s:?  go on make it 280
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

mrsmr2

I did the same on the M40, I was determined to survive so didn't stop before getting on the motorway.

And, it got really wet and there was lots of spray.

Speed didn't help in those conditions.

The rain entering the car was behaving really strangely.  It was coming back into the car from behind the windows and it was like a fine mist travelling slowly and falling on the seat, and near the gear lever.  Really bizarre experience.

Anyway, the sun is back out but, it's still raining.  I could risk it.  But, I'm going back over county lanes via a few towns.  Which means being stationary at quite a few lights.

I might put the roof down when I've cleared the towns.
04 Astral Black, hard top, air con, black leather, Corky\'s MSMB; FSB;  RMB; RLCB, empty exhaust manifold, cg-lock.  Warranty: new wheels @ 20k, new pads and discs @ 21k, new wheels @ 26.4k

Anonymous

Looking forward to our first full weekend with a softtop again, a nice long drive back down to Chelmsford tomorrow.

mrsmr2

Home now and it didn't rain  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

I was a bit wrong with the mileage earlier - it's now 240 miles continuous roof down action.

kanujunkie

got to try and make the most out the havn't you after all  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

not that its summer yet
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

proeliator2001

I've been risking it most jouneys this week with the top down - dark clouds on the M40 made the rectum tighten up   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    but luckly no  more than a drizzle which never got in.   First night time drive with the top down in the country tonight - very pleasant and relaxing experiance   s:D :D s:D    Well, it was until I had to overtake a chav in a fiesta who then tried to see if he could outhandle an MR2 on a twisty B road at *cough* speeds and failed miserably   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s8) 8) s8)  

They joys of a '2.  Getting better the longer I own it.
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

Anonymous

Had a great drive home from work today with the top down. Lovely sunny evening. Although I stopped under a railway bridge and got dripped on. Lucky it didn't come from a pigeon I guess   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  .

Then as I was driving up a main road the fella in front used his washers to full effect. A fair whack of that got in my face.   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:   I'm sure he was doing it on purpose when he saw me back off.   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Nice drive though.

proeliator2001

Well at least it wasn't self inflicted - absent mindedly washed the windscreen today with the top down and got a 50/50 windscreen washer fluid shower   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    At least my forehead is really clean now   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

Anonymous

Quote from: "proeliator2001"Well at least it wasn't self inflicted - absent mindedly washed the windscreen today with the top down and got a 50/50 windscreen washer fluid shower   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    At least my forehead is really clean now   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

I find if you do that when moving you are ok. But I have to admit I do forget quite a bit when I am parked at lights.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

mrsmr2

I just get some of the fluid creeping in over the driver's window - but not a lot.

Never tried it stationary.

I'm not sure if people do it deliberately or not, sometimes it just seems like it.  When I'm out in the 'sensible' car, I notice people use the washers in front of me just the same as when I'm in the 'proper' car.

Jason

Tags: