Spoiler fitted

Started by Zxrob, April 28, 2020, 14:58

Zxrob

Eventually got round to painting and fitting my spoiler on the little roadster, while I was at it I re-painted a front bumper that I had purchased, not much wrong with the one on the car, just fancied playing about a bit, use up a little bit of spare time, I use to do all the paintwork on my bikes

All came out quite well, just the odd creepy insect that likes to attach itself to the paint ::) , I'll get that sorted, colour match was very close to seeing as its a 16 year old car, got the metalics to "drop in" nicely too

Bumper just need colour sanding and fitting to the car

Keeps me active :)

Rob

You cannot view this attachment.
Adventure before dementia 😁

Topdownman

Looks good from here!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Zxrob

Quote from: Topdownman on April 28, 2020, 15:21Looks good from here!

Thank you

I'm certainly no pro but enjoy doing it

Rob

Smithy

That looks really good Rob. How was drilling holes and fitting the spoiler?
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

Zxrob

Quote from: Smithy on April 29, 2020, 15:23That looks really good Rob. How was drilling holes and fitting the spoiler?

Pretty straight forward

I simply measured the hole centres on the spoiler, centralized it in the position I wanted, put some masking tape on, marked the holes centres and drilled through, started with a small 2mm drill bit first than gradually up to the hole size I needed, prior to all this, just used some double sided tape on the spoiler "feet" to get the position right

Rob

Smithy

I may pluck up the courage and fit mine. I need to paint it first.
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

Gregmorse

Is this the WRX spoiler? Loosk very similar if not

Zxrob

Quote from: Gregmorse on August  8, 2020, 14:25Is this the WRX spoiler? Loosk very similar if not

To be honest, not got a clue, liked the look of it, got it of fleebay

Rob

Tags: