Chrome dial surrounds

Started by Dickie936, November 12, 2020, 13:12

Dickie936

I bought some chrome dial surrounds. They were a bit fiddly on the heater controls but I sorted it in the end.

What I really wanted to make everyone aware of though was that I also bought some for my speedo dials too.

The problem is that I have a carbon effect cowl and they dont fit!
The rings are too big. Damn. They would have looked trick, too.

...unless I'm doing something stoopid!

Topdownman

I think I heard that the carbon covered cowl is a cover on top of a standard cowl so would make sense that it doesnt fit as the opening would be smaller.

You could get a standard cowl and hydro dip it carbon and then fit the rings to that maybe?

I sprayed my cowl and fitted those rings to it.

"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Dickie936

Quote from: Topdownman on November 12, 2020, 13:21I think I heard that the carbon covered cowl is a cover on top of a standard cowl so would make sense that it doesnt fit as the opening would be smaller.

You could get a standard cowl and hydro dip it carbon and then fit the rings to that maybe?

I sprayed my cowl and fitted those rings to it.

That looks sweet! Food for thought.

Jimbo

Shiny! How bad does it catch the sun?  8)
Mark - Project Stop Gap - 03 Roadster in blue

Topdownman

Quote from: Jimbo on November 12, 2020, 13:39Shiny! How bad does it catch the sun?  8)

Cant say I have ever noticed!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Ac1962

anyone got a link to buying the rings please? TIA.

LeRich

Topdownman

They were from Moman in Poland a few years ago when you used to be able to design them yourself in a number of details. I dont think they do that anymore though.

Yes, I expect I was thinking of Ferrari!

It looks even better with the lights on.

Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Tags: