Did i do anything wrong ??

Started by Anonymous, April 26, 2005, 18:14

Anonymous

Hi guys ...
just need a bit of reasurance here ...

Just been driving home of which i go though a 30 area (home village bookham) anyway i always do 30 here as often the police are hiding somwhere (especially with the current situation in bookham) any way there is some arse in a nissan on his mobile behind me almost in with the engine ...

as im keeping an eye on him i nearly missed my turning so hit the breaks harder than normal but not too hard .....

anyway he then desides to chase after me up the road again i dont go ubove 30, after a 90 degree corner (which i did not slow down for) he stops takes out a piece of paper and i imagine took my plates .... then turns around ..

now i gave no hand gestures or anything

have i done anything wrong in case he was thinking about going to the police with my plates ?

Anonymous

Ignore it, nothing will happen.

proeliator2001

Either

A) he took your number to clone your car in which case look out for speeding tickets and parking fines (bloody unlikely though so don't worry)

B) he was a total knob jockey and decided that your driving was not to acceptable standards (pot, kettle, black) and reports you in which case sod all will happen

or

C) He wrote a note to himself saying "Reminder - MR2's are jolly good round corners, must buy myself one"

in which case he'll pop up on the forum shortly and we will all berate him for his poor driving!
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

Anonymous

he he knob jocky ... i like that ... saveing that alongside the one i got from blade trinity last night ...

FYI it was c**k juggling thunder c**t

Anonymous

If the di*khead did take your plate number down.  Whats he going to say to the copper?  you slam the brakes on???  

every if it went to court you can still ask for his mobile phone records of incoming and out going records.  

The only thing I can think he/she could be doin is taking your number down and seeing if he can find your car in the middle of the night. In which case if this is true. Beware

Quote "Please don't have nightmares,  please sleep well...."  I think thats what Nick Ross says in Crime Watch.

Seriously though I wouldn't be loosing any sleep over it.

Anonymous

Sounds like you did nothing wrong. By chance something very similar happened to me yesterday evening about 7:30pm through Send. Some fella in a big Nissan (think it was an X trail) was really close to me. I was going 30mph as I knew the police are often out and about there. He spent ages behind me the dumbass even had his fog lights on. I had sunglasses on with the top down. Total t***.

Anonymous

Quote from: "rainmen23"The only thing I can think he/she could be doing is taking your number down and seeing if he can find your car in the middle of the night. In which case if this is true. Beware

Lets just say even if he did do this it would not help him out ... the car is kept at a differnt address most nights as im staying at my girlfriends since her dad died ...

Anonymous

HA
I get this loads in the Birmingham area, road rage is unbelievable round here but i never worry... its one of them heat of the moment things, besides i think the Police would have him for wasting time.

Best person to ask is Liz, she knows the rules etc.

Stuff him   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Liz

Hello...back from Venice - still feel as though I am on the water  s:? :? s:?  

....no one at the police would even take that as a complaint from the Nissan driver..conversation..

Ok Mr Nissan driver - what did the MR2 driver do?

Well, he put on his brakes hard...

Were you not paying attention to what he was doing?

At this point he is hardly likely to say that he was on his mobile  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

So what are you complaining about...what do you want the police to do?

At this point Mr Nissan driver will probably spout off about you having a visit from the police and warned about your driving...at this point the police would ask the all important...

Have you any independent witnesses to what happened...

Mr Nissan...well no...

Police -  Goodbye! ( well obviously more politely than that  s:) :) s:)  )

...I took hundreds of these calls, irate motorists giving me hell because someone cut them up and they wanted them arrested  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  , normally the pulic want the police to be out catching rapists and murderers - apart from when its them personally involved  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Don't worry - the police have got better things to do!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Liz"Hello...back from Venice - still feel as though I am on the water  s:? :? s:?  

Nicely dropped in!, lucky bugger

Quote from: "Liz"Don't worry - the police have got better things to do!

like pointing hairdryers at you from the side of the road unfortunatly  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Liz

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "Liz"Hello...back from Venice - still feel as though I am on the water  s:? :? s:?  

Nicely dropped in!, lucky bugger

It was lovely thanks!!

Quote from: "Liz"Don't worry - the police have got better things to do!

like pointing hairdryers at you from the side of the road unfortunatly  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Yes, but you ought to hear them moan when they have to go out and do it...believe me they do not skip out of the police station rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of it!!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tags: