Puddle lights

Started by Mr2paul, November 14, 2020, 11:47

Mr2paul

Hi, I'm thinking of fitting these again to my car, but has anyone here attempted the modification to make them shine an emblem or something unique, such as previously they shone the gothic sort of "T" for tuscani turberon etc.
Learning is good. Failing to learn is not an option

Mr2paul

Seems like nobody has ever done puddle lights on here so I'll post a picture maybe when they are done 👍

StuC

Quote from: Mr2paul on November 14, 2020, 18:25Seems like nobody has ever done puddle lights on here so I'll post a picture maybe when they are done 👍

I don't think I have ever seen it done on a 2.
Plenty have added extra lights to the interior and even some as puddle lamps on the doors. Not a silhouette per se.

Interested to see what you come up with. 👍
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Mr2paul

yes. Was interested to see if anyone here was doing them to save on experiments etc which we don't have time for tbh with the acetates etc. Once it's done it's a winner n all will love them as easy fit n they make you smile just that bit more lol.

Topdownman

I did fit some years ago but gave up on them. I cant remember the exact reasons why.
It was quite hard to find the interior light wire to tap into (on the floor in the passenger footwell under
the big plastic cover).

The units I had got very hot. When you open the drivers door, the closed door light would be on as well getting hot. You would really want to build in an over ride switch too for working on the car or daytime maybe?

They lit up but too many problems came with them for me so I disconnected mine.

I just bought the cheapest ones I could find, maybe more expensive ones would be better but do think about how you want them to work in different scenarios and how you can wire them in before you spend any money.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Mr2paul

Cheers topmandown.  Least you have opinion which is all I want. I guess finding the power was key. Seems strange but I won't doubt you mate as power is already there.
Maybe I miss something. Are you polish ? By chance?

Tags: