Effects on geometry of lowering springs

Started by Mr Lazy, October 13, 2021, 18:58

Dev

Quote from: Joesson on November 20, 2021, 18:33Thank you @Dev. So similar but not identical. As is usually the case buyer be aware. It is, I suppose unlikely  that an aftermarket product at a lesser price is going to exactly replicate the OE, even if by the same manufacturer, otherwise there would be no point in the main player having replacement OE items manufactured to sell at a premium price.

From what I read KYB manufactures for a lot of OEMs but it doesn't mean its their own design as its often sub contracted out based on the manufactures specification to make them. KYB aftermarket might actually be a separate entity that cannot sell you the actual OEM part however they have some kind of generic marketed product line that meets the specification. 
  I vaguely remember someone telling me that the OEM struts that someone purchased from the dealer was very expensive and this could be due to the dealer pricing but who knows. 

What I do remember was some people claiming that the ones sold by KYB are OEM because KYB makes them for Toyota. Devil is in the details.

Tags: